• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by mrarkus

1. M

Mac LC series assembler?

What is the best assembler IDE for the LC series? LC III if that matters, but I would like to play with the 68k CPU, just very new to the classic Macs and not sure where to start?
  2. M

Tandy CM-11 Monitor Question

I understand it won't be as clear as the 4GA, it's probably an unfair comparison, i just don't remember CGA being this bad. I'll look into color convergence, although finding a matching monochrome monitor should be on my list...
  3. M

Thanks, mine is about the same.
  4. M

I got a very nice TL/2 + CM-11 set, however I have an issue - the standard DOS text looks pretty fuzzy. It's right next to a TRS-80 Model 4GA, and the green text is very sharp and clean next to the CM-11. I opened it up and adjusted the focus control, but it was already set at clearest setting...
  5. M

Tandy 2500XL clock/drive problems

UPDATE: I thought the DS12887A+ wasn't working at first, but I think it is. My 2500XL remembers the date/time, and all settings, BUT I keep getting invalid configuration - Please run SETUP message... I don't know how to get rid of it. UPDATE 2: It is all good, had the memory configured...
  6. M

Your first Atari, and last?

My first was an original Atari 520ST, with two disk drives. While Atari still existed, my last was Atari Portfolio! Currently last purchase was a Mega STE.
  7. M

OK, ordered. I really hope this works, as I really like the 2500XL specs - 10MHz 286, 16-bit VGA, etc. Thanks!
  8. M

I'm in the same boat... I don't suppose you found any replacement for DS1287A?
  9. M

TRS-80 Model 4 drive behavior

Thanks Larry, not the answer I wanted to hear but it is what it is :)
  10. M

TRS-80 Model 4 drive behavior

Is it normal for the Model 4 to run the motor on both floppy drives any time I access one of the drives? For example, doing DIR :0 will spin up both drives, and they both stop spinning at the same time.
  11. M

Gotek faceplate for Model 4

That switch idea is brilliant, thanks!
  12. M

While I wish I had a printer, I haven't gotten into 3D printing yet, that's why I asked if someone sells these already printed. Shapeways is crazy money ($125 for cheapest option...) I have the rotary switch Gotek installed (made a custom mount but I'm no engineer and it's ugly), and just...
  13. M

Does anyone know where I can get a 3D-printed/custom made faceplate to install a Gotek drive into a floppy drive bay? Thanks!
  14. M

Fan direction on TRS-80 Five Meg Disk System

Thank you both, I guess breezy it stays!
  15. M

Fan direction on TRS-80 Five Meg Disk System

As the title says, does anyone know what direction should the airflow be in the hard drive enclosure? Mine came blowing air in from the back. Not used to this kind of set up, plus it gets a little breezy when having it on! Service manual doesn't say anything about it...
Back