• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

mt777's latest activity

• M
    mt777 replied to the thread IBM 5100 - worklog.
    3. PSU rotated I have removed shield from PSU. It was easier than thought (2 mounting screws needs to remove and then psu body can be...
  • M
    How to remove PSU? There are top 4 screws but it is not enough to remove the shield.
  • M
    yes, obviously unit was disconnected all of the time. I think that will be around 1 month from last power on by seller (where...
  • M
    Knife + Hammer on the straight sides. At corners I had to use screwdriver + hammer. Don't know what's next. If well understood @Qbus...
  • M
    Finally I opened AC Box and now I understand why it was so annoying... I put new photos of it to AC Box link.
  • M
    Currently on inspection is AC Box, as house fuses were activated on OFF machine state. I tried open case of PSU too in meantime but top...
  • M
    I checked resistance between ends and resistance is very low (shorted, buzzer)
  • M
    2. AC Box Shell of AC Box is sealed...
  • M
    mt777 posted the thread IBM 5100 - worklog in Other.
    Recently purchased the unit. It was tested by seller but in my home fuses were blown during connecting to power (on OFF state). Got...
    • 5100.JPG
  • M
    mt777 replied to the thread IBM Displaywriter 6580 journey.
    Thanks for explanation... Are these 64KB/32KB memories are needed elsewhere (in other machines) critically? To know what should I keep...
  • M
    mt777 replied to the thread IBM Displaywriter 6580 journey.
    Printer was used with this system - it is even on youtube by previous owner. But before will try check what happened with printer, then...
  • M
    Locally bought rusted Displaywriter set without keyboard (unit / monitor / floppy drive). As no signs of life then decided to find...
Back