• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by mwin

1. M

Gateway 2000 486DX2/50 BIOS

Hello, I am working on a Gateway 2000 486DX2/50. The Motherboard is a Micronics 09-00081 Baby Gemini. It has a Phoenix 80486 BIOS PLUS Version 0.10 G21-2 RIDE. I am trying to put a 1TB hard drive into this system. From what I understand I need to update the BIOS to make this happen. Does...
  2. M

IBM PS\2 HDD Setup

My PS\2 Type 8555 has a wd-336rt hard disk in it. When I run the Reference disk in auto mode it displays a error that it could not determine the disk type. I cannot find any info on the disk and there is no stickers on the disk itself with any info. Does anyone know anything about this disk...
  3. M

Ibm ps\2 8555 1.44

So it appears that the 1.44 Floppy in my IBM PS\2 8555 is done for. Does any one know if I can replace this with some other unit other than what is in the system? I am asking because I cannot find a replacement on eBay. The current floppy in the system is a IBM 72X6068 1.44.
  4. M

IBM PS/2 8555 Sound Card

I am looking for a sound card for my IBM PS/2 8555. Does anyone have one for sale?? Please let me know.
  5. M

SOUNDBLASTER PRO 2 CT1600 CD-ROM Install

I have a SOUNDBLASTER PRO 2 and am trying to install a CD-ROM on it. The CD-ROM I have is a Matsushita CR-585-B and I cannot get this to work. I got the sound card from eBay and it did not come with a cable so I am using a regular 40 Pin IDE cable. Does this card require a special cable or will...
  6. M

IBM PC 5150 and IBM PC XT 5160 FAQ

I got one of these letters with a 5150 I got from kijiji. Though I share it here in case someone wants a copy.
  7. M

Commodore Pet Model 4032

Could someone give me an idea of what one of these is worth? It is in ok condition, it turns on, but does not start up.
  8. M

IBM 5170 Case Color

I finally got a IBM 5170, unfortunately one side of the case is rusted. I looked all over the internet but cannot find any info on the color of the paint that was used on these cases. I would like to get it painted as closes to the original color as possible. Does anyone have any info on this or...
  9. M

IBM 5170 Sound

In your honest opinion what is the best Sound Card that I can put in to a IBM 5170? Is the Media Vision Pro Audio Spectrum any good? Or should I be looking for an early version of a Sound Blaster
  10. M

IBM 5170 Keybord

Hello All, I am trying to get two of my older systems completed and was wondering if anyone can help me out. I need to know what is the original keyboard that came with the IBM 5170. What should I be looking for on ebay. Second what was the original keyboard that came with an IBM ps/2. Any info...
Back