• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Neo-Rio

1. N

Apple IIc keyboard and display issues

The screen shaking only happens when the display is in some graphic mode. No problem when the screen boots and I get the Apple //c screen or Basic prompt. The screen shaking starts up during a self test ... and if you can imagine that display shaking left and right by about half a centimetre...
  2. N

Apple IIc keyboard and display issues

Recently brought an Apple IIc back from the dead with a new power regulator chip, but now I have a few new problems. Essentially, the keyboard allows me to do control+apple+reset and reboot the machine, as well as break out of loading from the disk drive.... but any other keys just do not...
  3. N

Apple IIc power issues

Mine looks completely different. Perhaps a later revision? Again, I don't know what voltage the part runs at in order to find something comparable. The regulator part is Q1 - but the SAMS guide has the specs for something that looks like your board - so SAMs is useless.
  4. N

Apple IIc power issues

I'm trying to repair a IIc that seems to be dead on arrival. Turn on switch, nothing happens. No lights, nothing. So far I've determined that the power supply works. It's getting a solid 18V DC out It's not powering on anyway.... and from the technical manual I find that the internal power...
  5. N

New disk controller - drives still not working

Here's a photo of the inside of the unit that was working for a bit and then died. The apple II part of the controller is very simple, and I will probably have a better chance of fixing this one. From what I can tell, the chips on the controller are: 74LS08 74LS02 74LS86 and a ULN2003A All...
  6. N

New disk controller - drives still not working

This thread is more or less a continuation of this thread: http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthread.php?51179-Broken-Apple-IIe-garbage-screen I got a new Apple II disk controller card in the mail. Supposed to be tested and working. When I drop it in my Apple IIe..... ? Drives do not light up and...
  7. N

Broken Apple IIe - garbage screen

Hi, my first post. I picked up this apple IIe (looks like a PAL version) in a garage sale, but it won't boot. It won't beep. The drive won't respond. There is a light on the motherboard that goes on... but the video display is all blocky garbage. I cleaned up the motherboard, and looked at...
Back