• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by New2vtgpc

1. N

Apple ii+ ram issue?

Ok so earlier i restored an apple ii+ (bell and howell). Resocketed chips, deep clean etc... I had no drives so I used an audio cable and the Apple disk server to play some games...but only a few games worked (me pacman, space invaders) All other gave errors (garbage on screen). After getting a...
  2. N

Bell and Howell (apple ii+)

So I got (stupidly) lucky picking up a Bell and Howell apple ii+ that needs restored, and thus I have a few questions. 1st is this has AV backpack on the back, which has 3 audio in rca jacks, and 2 audio out jacks (1/4), but the video out is thr issue...it has 2 bnc style connectors. So is it a...
  3. N

Gateway2000 ide issue

Ok...so i picked up a desktop model gateway2000 (p5-60) in great shape....but heres the problems. Upon power up...cmos dead and displays "operating system no found" along with irq for pci video adapter on slot 2 not initialized...so I tore it apart and it has a dallas rtc (non socket) and 2...
  4. N

Blue lava systems xt2cf

I bought the xt to cf adapter for use in my 5150, and xt clone. Plugged in and detects perfectly....the included cf card has some version of 6.22 on it it boots to. I can change dir, I copied games to the card and can access/run just fine But I cant access a: or b: ...keep getting drive no...
  5. N

IBM 5150 possible inconsistency?

So...I couldnt stop myself and picked up an iconic ibm pc 5150. Its in rough shape and found a lot of nasty things inside the case, including dead mouse and lot of corrosion. So while mid restore...i found a few inconsistency with what limit knowledge I have on the machine. 1 is that is has a...
  6. N

Zeos laptop hard drive

I managed to score a zeos notebook 386 from a recycler...but someone ripped the hard drive out.. No big deal its just an ide based drive but it has a special ide to flexible cable for zif slot. Any idea of how to find one or better yet attach a cf to ide adapter? I thought about cutting and...
  7. N

Kaypro help

I picked up an usual (to me anyway) kaypro kc-1 which appears to be an ibm clone from late 80s running a 8088. However I cant find any info on a dos boot disk...or the disk I need to access bios settongs etc.... Any ideas?
  8. N

Ti-99/4a issue

So I finally got around to tearing apart and testing my ti, (making a restore vid) and ran into an issue. Upon power up, only static woth a light buzz. I removed and resocketed the video, grom, and sound chip with no change. All chips seem to have voltage and ground at the correct pins. But...
  9. N

486 lock up issues

So...been working on a 486 pure dos build for a while and finally got it ready to assemble...but ran into snag. The pc will lock up at random times (mid dos install, game booting, memmaker, sb card install etc. Even if it sits a bit too long, keyboard stops responding, but the cursor blinks...
  10. N

Ti-99/4a restoration help

When collecting, you cant always be picky especially when finding any vintage pc in your area is a extreme long shot, so when I got a solid lead on a TI-99, i jumped on it and bought it. But this thing is nasty, like I think it was buried in a hoader house with the amount of crud on this and it...
  11. N

Aptiva restoration help

I finally am getting around to finishing a restore on a 1995 ibm aptiva desktop (model 2144) it came with all software including recovery floppies, ibm reinstall floppies, win95 boot floppy and ibms wim95 upgrade disc multimedia disc(with os2warp install) and software file disc. I put in a new...
  12. N

Vic-20 tap file help

So, as I'm new to 8bit systems I figured id ask this since I had an idea, and after researching it should work, but having some issues. I have a stock vic-20, and a 3k ram expander (not the superexpander model tho), the 1530 datasette and a few cartridges but no cassettes. So I had this idea, I...
  13. N

Wtb ibm aptiva parts

I just was given an aptiva (2144-m50)the owner wanted to pull thr drive before hand so i said sure. Well I just got the cover off and they pulled the entire support bracket that had all the drives attacthed and tossed it. So now I can reassemble the machine. I dont care about the cdrom or...
  14. N

Atari 65xe power cable

I recently purchased an atari 65xe for cheap. Seller sent pics it works but he didnt send power supply as I said I had one and he needed his for his betrer condition 130xe. Well my psu is only for the 400/800 non XL/xe models. I found I can make one online with a standard usb cable, but my...
  15. N

Isa card help

I picked up in a box of pc parts an isa card but cant find exact model for drivers. I know its a western digital but beyond that I'm lost. Anyone know what this is? https://photos.app.goo.gl/yKPz7eYnYiFKuFVb7
Back