• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by olePigeon

1. O

Unknown Game from my past. Apple IIe

Maybe Mystery House or Cranston Manor?
  2. O

Advice on restoring a Dual G4

My dumb question: Did you try booting off the CD and installing MacOS 9 directly to the hard drive where OS X is installed?
  3. O

You should be able to install off a MacOS 9 CD. It's been so long, though, I'm trying to remember the process. Problem is that I don't recall if there's an extra step to install MacOS 9 compatibility when installing OS X before installing MacOS 9. In the past, I had found it easiest to...
  4. O

I think the only thing unique to the system install disc versus retail is that after it installs MacOS 9 or X, it will set a custom color profile and desktop picture to match the computer. For example, if you had a Tangerine iMac, it'd set a tangerine colored desktop picture and use a tangerine...
  5. O

A Scented Candle for Your Holiday Seasons

Happy Holidays. :)
  6. O

Multiprocessing

Blinkin' Lights are awesome. :D
  7. O

Multiprocessing

There're a couple chaps over at 68k MLA who have Quad 604s in a DaystarGenesis MP, and they've said BeOS absolutely flies on it. @ClassicHasClass I think you're right. In the same thread for the Daystar, someone mentioned that the 603s weren't designed for MPs, so Be used some custom hardware...
  8. O

Multiprocessing

BeOS did a really good job, but hit a roadblock on machines with 300 MHz or faster CPUs. I don't remember why it wouldn't work.
  9. O

Multiprocessing

Reading some Wikis on it, and theoretically multiprocessing was available starting in System 7.5.3 with the Multiprocessing Services library. Probably the Daystar code Kossow was referring to. As for apps that took advantage of it other than Photoshop, I would guess 3D modeling and video...
  10. O

Full Page Display signal on a non-FPD monitor?

@RonsCompVids User "elemenoh" over at 68k MLA has it. He got it working. Looks like he posted about it over at TinkerDifferent. It was part of a prototype conversion kit from Micromac. It would turn an SE into an LC-style machine.
  11. O

Full Page Display signal on a non-FPD monitor?

Nope. I gave it to someone else quite a long time ago, but I don't recall who. Sorry. I can check my old 68k MLA messages. I seem to recall they got it working.
  12. O

Apple II Prototype?

I love the look of those gold & ceramic memory chips. Some of the earliest Mac 128ks had them, too. The maskless board is also really neat. Easily seeing all the layers is cool looking.
  13. O

Apple II Prototype?

Geeze. No reason for the snark.
  14. O

Mac Software on Original Floppies - Any value above value of the floppy itself?

Even though we have things like FloppyEmu, I think the demand for retail floppy versions of MacOS is still there. Even the OEM model-specific version can be coveted for popular models like the Macintosh TV, Color Classic, IIfx, IIci, SE/30, etc. As for other software, it depends. Having the...
  15. O

Dual floppy drive Macs - rare?

My LC utilizes both floppy locations, except one of them is a 230MB magneto optical drive. I use some SCSI cable origami and a 2.5" laptop SCSI drive with plastic standoffs for the HDD. :)
Back