• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by onesimus

1. onesimus

Mystery Serial Card (Microtek SV622)

I've gone ahead and set some basic modem settings for the SSC on my card, leaving the additional switch off. I'll try to report back tomorrow with the findings.
  2. onesimus

Thanks for the info, good stuff. I'm not quite as proficient with board level components like you are, I wish I were and hope to get there someday, so this is great to know. Sounds like it might just be an SSC clone, for the most part, in that case. I would imagine just setting the SSC switch...
  3. onesimus

I thought about that possibility but this has more switches per bank than the SSC and I wouldn't know how to set the switches in light of that.
  4. onesimus

Hello! I ended up with this serial card on eBay, hoping I could save a few bucks and not have to get a Super Serial Card. Unfortunately, I did not do sufficient research, because as I have found, there is next to nothing about this card online. While it's definitely a serial card, based on my...
  5. onesimus

Question about Dallas clock chip modification/bypass

I very nearly succeeded in doing the above pictured mod, although it was significantly uglier and in the end did not seem to work. My only conclusion was either a dead battery or my leads weren't making good contact. I ended up getting frustrated with the whole project due to the cramped...
  6. onesimus

I believe you were, but i misunderstood something initially. Plus I just wanted to correct my original post in case it ended up confusing anyone. By the way, my cpu ended up coming in today and the board does indeed post with the dead clock chip, just can't save settings. Just dealing with a...
  7. onesimus

Hey, in this situation I'm not sure if it's appropriate to make a new post or to just edit my last one, feel free to let me know, but I just discovered an error in my original post which may end up leading to some insight. In the photo, the resistor is actually not connected to the top row of...
  8. onesimus

Ah, gotcha. Thanks, modem7. Well, hopefully I can successfully carry out this mod. This would be my first 486 system and I'm pretty excited for it. I don't have my CPU yet, unfortunately. Again, really appreciate you guys' time.
  9. onesimus

I actually saw this and pretty much figured that this is the route I'm going to take, that way I don't have to remove it and risk messing up the board. It's good to know that you were able to do it on tight boards, because this one will be kinda tight, but I think it's possible if I get a small...
  10. onesimus

Ah thanks for the info, that's just the kind of info I was looking for. So it seems like it's really not doing a whole lot. Makes me wonder why do it at all, honestly. Hopefully the chip is still functional, because my soldering skills are terrible.
  11. onesimus

Hello all! I recently bought an FIC 4386-VC-V motherboard from ebay. Unfortunately though, it has one of the Dallas clock chips. Now, I've seen the replacements for these, whether they be the Necroware stuff or just a new Dallas chip. However, on the back of my motherboard, near to the clock...
  12. onesimus

TI Color Graphics Controller Card

Yeah I've given up hope on getting this thing to work in any reasonable way for my purposes. I'm just hoping to get the software from TI and archive it just so in case if I ever decide to let someone else have it who had the skills to actually put it to use (if they wanted to) could and just for...
  13. onesimus

Since that's the case, I'm essentially left with reaching out to TI and seeing if they have some sort of software archive that perhaps has the software listed above contained in it. IF, and it's a big IF, I successfully hear back from them I'll definitely report back and archive it. Thanks for...
  14. onesimus

These two quotes had given me hope of using it for a while... "The Color graphics Controller Board has two DB9 video output connectors, P2 and P3. Connector P2 outputs an RGBI signal and connector P3 outputs an RGB signal at 1 volt peak to peak with 75-ohm drive capability. Both connectors have...
  15. onesimus

yeah I was wondering why your posts weren't showing up in this thread. as far as I know, it's the same thread and someone bumped it and restarted the discussion.
Back