• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by onre

1. O

Televideo 910 Linux Terminal Settings

It is a problem with the keyboard logic in the terminal itself, invalid terminal setting can't produce this effect.
  2. O

Televideo 910 Linux Terminal Settings

Set it up as "Standard 910" and use tvi910 terminal type.
  3. O

Who are the silicon graphics enthusiast members here?

Official GCC support ends at 4.7.4, hobbyists have backported support into 9.2.0. However, that toolchain has an issue preventing very large applications (more than 16k GOT/PLT entries) from being linked. There is no working Rust, Firefox requires Rust from version 54 onwards. Older Firefoxes...
  4. O

Who are the silicon graphics enthusiast members here?

Can't run a modern browser because there is none. Even if there were, most likely not nearly enough CPU oomph to run it at an actually usable speed.
  5. O

mTCP NetDrive: network attached storage for DOS 2.0 or better

Thank you! This is awesome. The solutions from olden days tend to be clunky, memory-hungry, hard to setup a server for or all of the above. This is none of those.
  6. O

AI articles on vintage computers...

This topic needs this quote from Cory Doctorow:
  7. O

Desperation with Sharp MZ-80A ?

Yeah, I suppose if you ran this and recorded the resulting WAV onto a cassette, it should work. Just check that it goes to the tape at a hot enough level. Decks usually have some sort of level metering in them, you want it to be close to "red".
  8. O

How to create (missing) man pages

Just so that you know, what you are doing is absolutely sick and I love it.
  9. O

Okay, I actually did search this for you and could give accurate instructions, but as a thought experiment... on the cassette we have audio which corresponds to data. At that page we have data in a format known as MZF. If we wanted to record audio to a cassette using a PC and an ordinary...
  10. O

Does anyone here own an AST Ascentia 950N?

Exactly. This sort of hyperbole is done to get more viewers and is part of the style of the presenter.
  11. O

3C905TX PCI and Compex FreedomLINE16 ISA under DOS

What's the chip on the Compex?
  12. O

BIOS SETUP utility inside IBM PC/AT ROM

It would be the first time I've ever seen a case where SCSI disk geometry needs to be entered in BIOS. Also it would be the first time ever I'd see a setup program with that many types. I would just ignore the sticker and assume it works like every other PC SCSI controller + drive setup on the...
  13. O

My research about graphics of the Pro

Kermit is a very good lowest common denominator, it runs on almost anything.
  14. O

XT Memory Expansion Card?

Isopropanol can't really destroy anything.
  15. O

@daver2 I have to say I admire your patience.
Back