• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by orlandoave

1. O

IBM XT low level formatting w/WD 1002

I found another WD controller 1004 model and after a LOT of formatting work it is now working. I thank you all for the quick responses.
  2. O

IBM XT low level formatting w/WD 1002

I have used this XT successfully to low level and format with DOS 6.2.2. a Seagate 225 with a WD 1002 card. Great results. I have another WD 1002 card and another Seagate 225 and am facing these erors. At startup the 1709 error, controller card, but the other one did that too. Debug g=c800:5...
  3. O

The South WTB - Bell & Howell "Darth Vader" Apple II

Not interested in any trades really. Never been an over achiever with the Commodore. I do have an original V-20 with PET keys in the foam and original box that works perfectly. I also an SX-64 working perfectly as well. I just acquired a Fat PET I have not even started - it is dirty and needs...
  4. O

Not sure as it is wrapped in a box for safe storage. I hadn't planned to sell it but if the price is good .... It has the 16k Language card and Disk II controller card. Make me a starting offer and let me see if it is workable. I can also include Applied Engineering memory card.
  5. O

Apple II SCSI v. High-Speed SCSI

I recently acquired some old Apple ][ equipment and there was an Applied Engineering Vulcan card, cable and hard drive/power supply. I have not tried it yet. Anyone use one of them? I have some working ][e computers but not a ][gs yet. I removed a leaky battery from a ][gs board and have not...
  6. O

How would one diagnose a //e PSU problem?

It could be the capacitors after all. I used several of the cap kits and have had great results. You cannot purchase the caps where I live except online and the shipping starts at 7.99 It would cost more than to simply get the 'kit'. Good luck.
  7. O

I have a good condition working one with the black floppy drive.
  8. O

Apple II Power Supply Repair

I have an Apple ][ p.s. that will beep my test board but sends a buzzing sound thru the speaker afterward. The board does not fully boot (it is a known good board). What to check in the ps?
  9. O

Apple ][e non registering some keys

Working on one of the early Apple ][e's with the white letters. What is stumping me is several keys are not functioning. I have replaced all the chips in the extended ][e set with the originals, which includes the keyboard ROM, replaced all mb ram with new chips, cleaned all keyboard connectors...
  10. O

Apple IIc monitor repair

Working on a IIc monochrome monitor. I've got power after replacing fuse. The CRT neck has a dim glow but no video. At turn off it lights with the usual horizontal bands that quickly fade to black. I have looked but have not found web information on the repair of these displays. Any help will be...
  11. O

Model III Tube out

I have a III that was working quite well, but alas as all living things go, the crt died. No video but all seems well otherwise. Since I am not well versed with anything but the power supply repairs on these, I'm not sure what the usual places to check are. Is there a first place to look? I wish...
  12. O

TRS-80 Ribbon Cables

I'm not sure why it is so difficult to find replacement flat ribbon cables to replace those in the Model III and Model IV. The cables I am speaking of the ones for the floppy controller to the motherboard and the RS232 board to the motherboard. I've sent Mouser photos and they were no help. I...
  13. O

Apple ][ Plus dim video

I know the red round pot control works and helps brighten and stable the video. But the video is overall dim and is NOT the monitors and I have tried several. I've also used an Apple ][c Plus and the monitors are nice and bright. What is it on the motherboard that handles this?
  14. O

Model 4 Gate Array Floppy Cable

I have a bad cable with a bad metal contact I can't repair. This is causing trouble with my known good floppy drives. Are there any cables out there that will work for a Model 4 Gate Array?
Back