• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Paralel

1. P

Tandy 1500HD/2810/3810HD Laptop 26-Pin FPC Floppy Drive Ribbon Cable

Success. I was able to boot a 3800HD from the GoTek floppy emulator running FlashFloppy using a generic 34 pin to 26 conductor FFC/FPC adapter, a secondary adapter board, one FFC cable, and one FPC cable. As a result of the way the floppy interface is oriented in the Tandy laptops one needs to...
  2. P

I have been able to determine the "pinout" of the 26 connector interface for the Matsushita EME-26x series of floppy drives, which is also the corresponding pinout for the 1800HD, 2810HD, 2820HD, 3800HD, 3810HD, 3820HD floppy interface. It is the following: 1 +5 Vdc 14 Step 2...
  3. P

Best Way To Clean 1/4" External Disk Drive Heads Without Taking The Drive Apart?

What's the best way to clean 5 1/4" external disk drive heads without taking the drive apart? I would get a "cleaning kit" but $40-50 is just absurd. Is there a way to make a homemade 5 1/4" "cleaning" disk using the housing of a typical 5 1/4" disk and replacing the internal disk media with...
  4. P

Tandy 2000 896kB RAM mod

RAM chips from that era are known to go bad due to the limited quality of the manufacturing technology at that time. You might need to test the chips in order to ensure they are all good (and you might as well socket them at the same time).
  5. P

To follow up on this, the 34 pin to 26 conductor FFC adapters have the 26 pin interface upside down compared to the Matsushita (Panasonic) drives in the Tandy laptops, as a result the pinout is reversed. As such, you need to use a "reverse" FFC cable to interface between the adapter and the...
  6. P

For Anyone Who Wants To Get A GRiD Bag For Their GRiD System

I thought I'd share some information on various GRiD bags so other people could make sure if they come across one they will know if it fits their system. This is one of them: This type of bag will perfectly fit a GRiD 1720, 1750, 1755, or 1755 486/SLC and possibly the 1810 but none of the...
  7. P

Well, I ordered one, so I'll report back with my experience once it gets here.
  8. P

Came Across A Store On eBay that has some unusual GRiD items

I thought with the "Best Offer" button maybe he was open to reasonable offers and was just putting stuff up with high prices just to see what people would offer. Unfortunately I may be wrong about that.
  9. P

Came Across A Store On eBay that has some unusual GRiD items

Not my store, I am not affiliated with the store in any way, I have no idea who the person is that runs the store nor whose stuff they are selling. I thought I'd mention it here since it seems like some of the stuff is unusual enough to warrant a mention. Also, if anyone buys anything, and...
  10. P

GRiDROM Information

Nope, help yourself. The more places it exists, the better the chance it will persist into the future for other GRiD users.
  11. P

Does anyone know if the 26 connector FPC floppy drive ribbon cable pinout for the Tandy 1500HD/2810/3810HD laptops is known? Or if it is a common standard? I've come across a number of 34-pin + floppy power connector to 26 connector FPC floppy drive cable adapters and want to find out if that...
  12. P

GRiDROM Information

Okay, I resorted and organized all the files so it should be much easier to find things. Any questions or concerns, let me know. As always, feel free to copy, rehost, archive, etc... anything in there. None of it is mine, I just asked to keep a copy of it online so it wouldn't get lost to time.
  13. P

GRiD 1755 486SLC, Just 20 MHz Models or 20 & 25 MHz Models?

Looking over the CMOS utility for the 1755, it makes me think there really wasn't a 1755 486SLC-25, or possibly they planned to do a single final run with that processor but it never happened. All the known versions of the 1755 CMOS Utility have an entry for selecting CPU speed and the only...
  14. P

GRiDROM Information

This is everything I was given when I asked about keeping a permanent online repository of what was in that group as far as files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1onTvZsm_myBwcprYqyn3Zh21KHYKRALR If you run into any permission issues with any of the files let me know and I will fix...
  15. P

GRiD 1755 486SLC, Just 20 MHz Models or 20 & 25 MHz Models?

I've noticed recently in several early 90's publications and on several websites they list the GRiD 1755 486SLC as being either a 20 MHz or 25 MHz processor. In all of these instances the badges on the machines are all the same as the ones I have personally seen IRL that are confirmed 20 MHz...
Back