• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Paul-VT

1. P

Commodore 1084D - Sync problems with RGB

I have already reassembled the cable and shrink wrapped it. I just ordered a breakout box so I don't have to cut the cable open again. I'll post more info after it arrives. I did measure 0.7 volts on pin 7 of the output from the Tandy but did not check it with my scope :-( The manual for the...
  2. P

The result: It was pin 7 on the Tandy 1000RL's CGA output. I cut my cable open and disconnected pin 7 and voila, perfect picture. So if for some reason you want to connect a Tandy 1000RL to a Commodore 1084D, disconnect pin 7 in your video cable.. -Paul
  3. P

And by 'wiggle' I meant pulling the connector outwards so that some pins were barely making contact and moving it around in a random motion until I got a good picture.
  4. P

Sorry, meant to say 15.7KHz H.Sync.
  5. P

I hooked up my scope and got the same waveform, horizontal frequency (15.6KHz) and voltages as powerlot above. Just for fun I tried wiggling the cable where it attaches to the back of the Tandy 1000RL. At one point I was able to obtain a perfect picture on the 1084D. Stability, color...
  6. P

Reading more about the Tandy 1000RL, from dosdays.co.uk: "When Tandy introduced the RL, SL and TL models, they upgraded the video adapter to what is sometimes called ETGA or Tandy Video II. This takes either a digital CGA or mono TTL monitor" and "When a CGA monitor is used, the video is...
  7. P

The 9 pin video input on my 1084D is labelled "RGB". I assume it's 'RGBI'. I have read elsewhere online that the the Tandy 1000 outputs CGA (with extra colors). I decided to plug my IBM 5150 which has an ATI EGA Wonder set to CGA output mode into the 1084D and found that the 1084D had no...
  8. P

To clarify, I mean 'technical' direction. Not a repair shop. :) Thanks.
  9. P

Hi Everyone, I have a 1084D. It works well when I use the analog luma and chroma inputs. But when I use the RGB 9 pin input either on the analog or digital switch setting, I get weird behavior. Here's a photo of the C prompt: it looks fine right? Here's a photo after typing a few characters...
  10. P

Atari 800 newbie - AtariMax game cartridge problems

Yes, it's an original 800. Built like a tank and slightly yellowed. I will try the mod you suggested. Thank you :-)
  11. P

Here's the current ebay listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/225458324026 As I mentioned, none of the games work. What's a CTIA?
  12. P

Okay so I know absolutely nothing about Atari computers. So, for some really strange reason I just had to go and buy one from ebay. It's an Atari 800 with 4 cards installed - one ROM and 3 RAM. It came with a Donkey Kong cartridge and everything works great! I even went and got me an official...
  13. P

Motherboard jumpers - Socket 3

Here's an example of a conflicting PIN 1 between the manual's diagram and reality. I've removed the jumpers for clarity: This is the diagram from the manual. Notice that JP13 has the white square on the right, indicating PIN 1: This is a photo of my board. Notice the big "1" printed on the...
  14. P

Motherboard jumpers - Socket 3

Setting the jumpers on a Socket 3 motherboard is relaxing and peaceful - until it isn't: I have what appears to be a Shuttle Hot-419* where * could be R1.1, R2 or DZ. It has a lot of jumpers. This board has some silkscreen numbers adjacent to some jumper pin headers. I assume the silkscreen "1"...
Back