• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by pianoman72

1. P

Manual for the 80286 M-209 motherboard

I meant to attach one more picture with the exterior of the computer, along with my green-eyed dog Ruby. Somehow it didn't get attached in the previous message.
  2. P

Here you go, enjoy! The case is originally from a Cyrix 686 computer, but it serves a better purpose for my 286 motherboard, although it is kind of ugly, and some screw slots in the back are deteriorating. I might look for a better case in the future. The middle picture shows an IDE...
  3. P

Hello, Would anyone happen to have a copy of the M-209 motherboard manual? It is a 286 motherboard, with a Harris 20mhz CPU. I cannot seem to find a physical or digital copy anywhere, after searching online extensively. I mostly need it to get the exact name of the expanded memory driver that...
  4. P

Everex EV-640 8-bit video card

Hello all, I have a new 8-bit video card, called Everex EV-640, which came with a recent purchase. While I believe the connectors to be EGA and parallel, I cannot find any documentation online about the jumper switches, and how to set them for my IBM XT computer, using the IBM 5154 display...
  5. P

Looking for neatemm.sys expanded memory driver

Hello all! Does anyone happen to have the expanded memory driver for the NEAT chipset, used in later 286 motherboards, called neatemm.sys? I have been struggling to even find the right name for this driver, for about a year, and I just came unto that recently by accident, while searching for...
  6. P

Open file command in Apple Writer II

Hello all, I have a colleague at work who wrote his music dissertation paper on an Apple IIe AppleWriter II, way back in the late 80's. He is hoping to have the content transferred correctly to his PC, so he can have a reliable and working electronic backup of his work. Since I happen to...
  7. P

Shadow ram with expanded memory problems...

Hello, Please bear with me, as this is a pretty long post. I'm trying to get my "new" 286@20mhz motherboard working with my expanded memory board, AST Rampage plus 286 (with 2megs of ram). The motherboard works great by itself, having 4megs of ram onboard. However, when I use the latest...
  8. P

AST Rampage 286 on an IBM XT

Hello everyone! I have a question about the compatibility of using the AST Rampage 286 expanded memory card on an 8-bit slot, in an IBM XT which I have. Can it be done safely and successfully? I have read that if using its expanded memory driver REMM.SYS, you can include the /M=00 parameter...
  9. P

Asus VL/I-486SV2GX4 rev.2.1 motherboard manual

Hello everyone! I have been looking all over the internet for a complete and accurate jumper setting or manual for the Asus VL/I-486SV2GX4 motherboard. I only found the jumper settings and the manual for the 1.1 and 1.5 revisions of this motherboard, however mine is a 2.1 revision, and has...
Back