• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by pjh

1. P

amaus.org/static/S100 website

Has the amaus.org/static/S100 website been updated to a new web address? I am hoping it is still available somewhere. This was an incredible resource of S-100 information.
  2. P

Questions about the Morrow DJ-DMA board PROMs

I bought a partially populated Morrow DJ-DMA board on Ebay recently. It appears that the previous owner bought it as a bare-board but never finished it. I downloaded the "DJ-DMA Technical Manual Rev 1" and looked over it. I noticed that the parts list in the manual shows 1 PAL, 1 FPLA, and 5...
  3. P

Questions about CCS 2422 Proms

After acquiring a 3rd CCS 2422 FDC and checking it out, I was able to boot the CCS CP/M disk that I have. I have two other 2422s that I couldn't get to work after chip testing everything on those boards except the PROMS. PROMS have been a gray area for me but I figured that these must be the...
  4. P

Seeking help for an Optronics TP-100 Eprom card

I recently acquired an Optronics TP-100 eprom programmer card. Does anyone know where to locate a manual or software for the card? A quick look at my usual GO-TO websites didn't turn up anything. Any help would be appreciated. Phillip
  5. P

CCS "RST ERR" when trying to boot

I am hoping that someone who is running a CCS system can help me. I keep getting an RST ERR message when I attempt to Boot the system. Over time I acquired a set of CCS cards plus a CCS Master Boot Disk. I got the Master disk first and tested it on my 486 system. I did a CDIR /A1 A: to...
  6. P

Repairing a ceramic 2708 with a broken pin

I was trying to test a new ram card with different CPU cards to see what it would work with. I pulled out my Jade JGZ80 card and removed the DDBOOT eprom to install the 2708 BIGZ Monitor eprom. As careful as I try to be when I plug in chips, I bent the number 12 pin on my ceramic 2708 eprom...
  7. P

74LS30 Testing Failures

In recovering failed or erratically functioning S-100 boards, one of the things that I do is chip test as many of the 74xx TTL chips that I can. I use a breadboard set up with a 555 timer and a 7493 4-bit binary counter to provide input signals for the chips to be tested. On chips with more...
  8. P

Ithaca IA-1010 Regulator Over-heating

I have had an Ithaca IA-1010 processor for several years, but never could seem to get it to work reliably. I had pulled it out and put it away several times until recently when I managed to get it to work with an SD Systems ExpandoRam with 32K onboard, an IMS 4-port serial card and a simple...
  9. P

Help with Digital Research Computers Eprom Programmer

I recently acquired a Digital Research Computers eprom programmer card. Does anyone know where to locate a manual or software for the card. A quick look at my usual GO-TO websites didn't turn up anything. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for the upside down photo. I rotated it right side...
  10. P

maben.homeip.net

This question may have already been discussed in the forum. Does anyone have any information on why the MABEN website can no longer be accessed. It was a rich resource for an extensive list of vintage computer manufacturers. Is it down to be reworked? Is there a mirror of the site? Will it...
  11. P

Help with XOR 64K-DQ Dynamic Memory Card Configuration

Help with XOR 64K-DQ card configuration. Is there anyone who is using an XOR 64K-DQ dynamic memory card. I need some help in getting mine configured so that it will work. When I first got the board several years ago, I tested the regulators, replaced the tantalums and then tested all of the...
  12. P

Jade Double D System boot problem.

S-U-C-C-E-S-S !!! I now have a working Jade Double D CP/M 2.2 system. While working on another project, I came across a box of floppy disk controller cards that I had not originally tested. I got out my 486 system and used Dave Dunfield's TESTFDC program to check the cards. I found a...
  13. P

Jade Double D System boot problem.

Has anyone had any problems getting a Jade System to boot with the disk created from the JADEDD.IMD file from Dave Dunfield's website. After the startup/reset, the signon message appears: Jade Computer Products 20k CP/M 2.2 DDBIOS2 Eight to ten seconds later an error message appears...
  14. P

ADS Promblaster Software

I just acquired an S-100 ADS (Ackerman Digital Systems) Promblaster eprom programmer card. This card is capable of programming 2708s - 2764s. There was a CP/M program that was included with a new card called Promwriter that would programmatically configure the card for each type eprom. The...
  15. P

Just picked up a Kaypro II. Have some questions.

Hi guys, Thought I would add a final note about using a phone cord as a keyboard cable. Here is a picture of my Kaypro 4 running with a beige ATT handset cord as the keyboard cable. Maybe it will help resolve the uncertainty. Phillip
Back