• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

powerlot's latest activity

• P
    powerlot replied to the thread Atari 1050 drive "Boot Error".
    Replacing the LM733 didn't change anything. There's still some weird noisy output on TP5. I have no idea what could cause this. Any...
    • 1713510934616.png
  • P
    powerlot replied to the thread Desoldering technique.
    Good quality flux and braid make all the difference. Cheap braid is mostly useless on anything but single sided boards. For the bent...
  • P
    powerlot replied to the thread fun PCI cards to fiddle with?.
    Yes, they work with anything 286 and newer that puts out POST codes. I had one in a recent Asus mainboard (6th gen Intel) because I was...
  • P
    Xylol is one such solvent. Or you can purchase a ready-made product, such as Rubber Renu.
  • P
    Any details here? What's an example for a light solvent and how much do you dilute it? How do you apply it?
  • P
    powerlot replied to the thread Amiga 500 gotek external drive.
    Like mentioned, I used FlashFloppy (https://github.com/keirf/flashfloppy/wiki/Downloads) in its default configuration. The only non-ADF...
  • P
    powerlot replied to the thread Amiga 500 gotek external drive.
    Do you use Flashfloppy? I never had to mess with HxC config with FF and emulating Amiga images. I could check it again when I get back...
  • P
    Thanks for the update.. that's an interesting find. I'm still backlogged with other projects and things in life but since I don't want...
  • P
    I have an 8280 which I restored years ago. Formatted capacity is 3946 blocks, so about a megabyte. One of the use cases of the 8280 was...
  • P
    powerlot replied to the thread Mystery Machine.
    No need to ask, the switches I've got are 3 pin so probably incompatible without additional modifications. They're just from the same...
  • P
    powerlot replied to the thread 90s Olivetti laptop.
    Is the coin cell still good? Not sure how they react to recharge. I assume the old one was NiCd, but th new ones are NiMH. I would have...
  • P
    Hmmm, I'm not convinced this is a 2.4V battery, because it looks like 3x 1.2V = 3.6V. See Varta 3/V15H S DA for example. Someone else...
  • P
    What type of battery was in there and what did you replace it with? You should not have the CMOS checksum bad message if you correctly...
  • P
    powerlot replied to the thread Mystery Machine.
    Are these those Honeywell SD series switches? I was about to ask if you're going to gut a keyboard I'd be interested in some spares...
  • P
    My 8050's logic worked out of the box. I only reformed the big capacitors before turning it on. The drives are another cup of coffee, I...
Back