• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by psbsp

1. P

486 CD-ROM won't initiate. Any suggestions?

Replaced motherboard on 486 and am having issues with the cd-rom. Won't initiate on boot. Get error stating issue with board or cd-rom power. Ran soundcard setup as was having problems in game and it changed irq from 11 to 5, after that cd-rom doesn't initiate. Here are original files vs new...
  2. P

CD- ROM won't initiate. IRQ conflict or bigger issue?

Replaced motherboard on 486 and am having issues with the cd-rom. Won't initiate on boot. Get error stating issue with board or cd-rom power. Ran soundcard setup as was having problems in game and it changed irq from 11 to 5, after that cd-rom doesn't initiate. Here are original files vs new...
  3. P

Motherboard cmos help

I have an MB-1433150UCV-E motherboard I am trying to get working and am trying to figure out how best to proceed. Any help would be appreciated. The issue is with the rtc - battery state low. Perhaps this is a basic question but can I simply insert a 3 volt holder and battery or will I need to...
  4. P

ATI VGA WONDER 16 Looking for software or solution

Posted this in the PC forum but probably should have been here. ATI VGA wonder 16 in 5170. 1996 sony vga. dos 3.2 Card seems to be in monochrome emulation mode and I can't get it to display vga. When I use the driver found at http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=92&menustate=0. I...
  5. P

ATI VGA WONDER 16 Looking for software or solution

I have looked quite a few days now with no result so am reaching out here. Forgive me if this is covered somewhere... and PLEASE direct me to where. Purchased this card hoping to have simple autoswitching but it seems to be emulating mda on a vga monitor. without the software I'm not sure how to...
Back