• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Qbus's latest activity

• Q
    Qbus replied to the thread Anyone Recognize this Qbus card?.
    Speculation! that's a system that was used in the VAX11/780 to boot the operating system.
  • Q
    Qbus replied to the thread Anyone Recognize this Qbus card?.
    Cool, with that you can have your modern Qbus system control old legacy Unibus drives and the like! Perhaps it was meant to replace...
  • Q
    Qbus replied to the thread IBM 5100 - worklog.
    Pin to pin on AC input side 0.3 Ohms! man that thing is toast. Yes, you can just jump around it. that was intended to prevent the HF...
  • Q
    If you have the system plugged into a GFI protected circuit it may trip due to leakage of the AC Input filter. The threshold of the GFI...
  • Q
    Been over twenty years ago but recall having to replace one of the high voltage DC filter capacitors in the power supply. They have a...
  • Q
    Qbus replied to the thread Westinghouse Flight Computer.
    Couple pictures, think this was used in development of the AN/AGP-66 Radar and although pure speculation think it may have intrepid IFF...
    • IMG_1787.JPG
    • IMG_1789.JPG
  • Q
    Yes! I now think the mysterious AM934151G 24 pin things are the Fairchild 9341 ALU, the original Fairchild device that’s equal to a...
  • Q
    Always had fun with this stuff, it’s like being in a room in the dark with a blindfold. So far I know a couple things. First is that...
  • Q
    Qbus posted the thread Westinghouse Flight Computer in Other.
    Picked up a couple Westinghouse prototype computers that were part of the first-generation systems used on the F-16, No microprocessor...
  • Q
    Qbus replied to the thread PDP11/83 in London storage.
    C1 and C2 are the two biggest capacitors on the power supply card. Also you can remove them just by unscrewing the two screws that...
  • Q
    Qbus replied to the thread PDP11/83 in London storage.
    If you want to go the whole reforming rout its not that big a deal to pop out the two big electrolytic C1 and C2 and just use a bench...
  • Q
    Don’t know what to say, no experience with this guy so just don’t know. Will say that you have to be careful stacking grids up like...
  • Q
    Been away for some time, sorry. Hope I am not wearing out my welcome but looking at that guys store just gives me the impression that...
Back