• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by rbrothers

1. R

Original Imsai 8080 User Manual

I'm moving and just came across a binder containing the original Imsai user's manual. I'd like someone who either needs it or just appreciates it to get it. My price is $5.00, but you'll have to come to my place near Lone Oak, Texas to pick it up. Please contact me through the forum or my...
  2. R

"New" dtk PIM 8 mHz turbo board

I'm not sure. Make an offer.
  3. R

"New" dtk PIM 8 mHz turbo board

I've been cleaning out my shop and found 2, apparently never used DTK 8 MHz Turbo boards in an anti static bag and foam lined box. One has 3 banks of memory chips and the other has 2 banks populated. The chips on the board with 3 show 4262 (??) in banks 2 and 3 and chips marked I259-12 in the...
  4. R

Wish I had found the forum earlier

I'm located in North East Texas, southeast of Greenville and southwest of Sulphur Springs, near a town called Miller Grove (even though my address is Lone Oak, TX!). Most of the "good" stuff was picked up yesterday by one of the forums veterans. I'm still going through my several outbuildings...
  5. R

Texas Instruments Luggable Business Pro

Raymond, Enjoyed meeting your and you wife. Hope all that stuff you helped me clear out turns out to be useful to David. Bob
  6. R

8" Drive(s) needed

Mike, are you still in need? I'm going to my storage trailer where I should have an old S100 system and a dual 8" stand alone drive system. I don't know the condition of any of this stuff, it's been sitting for years!
  7. R

I wrote a novel set in 1986 involving computers--need to check accuracy

The main rational for their development was their immunity from influences from space radiation. The power consumption issue was a big negative for space vehicles though. CMOS/VHSIC technology was rapidly advancing and it was decided to abandon Bubble Memory development. It was a fun technology...
  8. R

They’re still available so far. send me an email at sitbrothers@gmail.com Regards Bob
  9. R

Ancient computer user/repair/tech

My first exposure with any computer was in 1974 in Berlin, Germany when I was in the Air Force working as a radio tech for USAF Security Service. We were involved in intercepting signals from Soviet and east German stations (radar, aircraft, ground, etc) and one of the tools we used to identify...
  10. R

I wrote a novel set in 1986 involving computers--need to check accuracy

Bubble Memory :) love it, I moved to Texas in 1979 to work at TI developing bubble memories! I still have some of the chips somewhere. I spent hours watching the bubbles go around the chevrons... Unfortunately they consumed quite a bit of power to generate the 2 phase triangular drive signals...
  11. R

Wish I had found the forum earlier

I've been cleaning up a lot of "stuff" around my farm in anticipation of selling it and moving. After nearly 30 year here, I've accumulated a lot of stuff. Much of it is computer related, old PC cards, memory, disk drives, Hayes modems, etc, etc. Unfortunately, I've already dumped a lot as trash...
  12. R

I was cleaning out the attic in my shop and discovered 2 TI Business pro "portables". They are still closed up (keyboard covering face) so I have no idea of their condition, but if you are near Dallas or Greenville, Texas you're welcome to come pick them up. No way I would ship them, it hard...
Back