• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by RetroJunkie

1. R

Compact Flash SCSI in an LC 475 via PCD-60B Card Reader

Just thought I'd post a success story on my attempts at getting a more reliable hard drive installed into my LC 475. Originally found this thread here which inspired me to tinker. So I've finally got it working, 2GB Compact Flash cards seem to be the weapon of choice. I have not had any luck...
  2. R

Sega TeraDrive [286] with XT-IDE V2 Card

Howdy everyone, I've got my Sega TeraDrive booting disk on modules without any issues to my shiny XT-IDE V2 card. However, I am running 2.0.0b1 and was hoping to give 2.0.0b2 a shot. But... For the life of me I can't remember what settings were used. I have a copy of the EEPROM uploaded here...
  3. R

Guess This Tune!

Can anyone help me work out where this tune is from? There are no wrong answers so don't feel bad if you give it a shot and fail :cool: Original version Alternate version It keeps popping into my head every few weeks and I cannot for the life of me work out what it is... Likely from either a...
  4. R

Wyse Technology 286 Model 2112-40

Spent the best part of an evening getting my Wyse 286 2112 up and running. Took video as I went to explain how I worked it all out. While I am typically a friend to the 386 / 486 machines, I thought I'd give this 286 a try. Sure enough, got it working well enough to run my newest favourite game...
  5. R

Recommendations on Antivirus Software for 486-class PCs

Somehow I've managed to get a boot sector virus that infects all my floppy disks. I suspect it came from the Sound Blaster 16 drivers I had installed. Still at least my Windows 95 install is going now thanks to the Creative CD-200 CD-ROM. I swapped out the Sound Blaster Pro 2 for a Sound...
  6. R

WTB (AUS): Heatsink for Socket 3 Am5x86-P75

Hi everyone! Loving these forums so far, so much information on here - enough to fry and egg! Hoping someone can help my 486 system out. I have a AMD Am5x86-P75 with no heatsink fan solution. My motherboard has the clips on the Socket 3 socket for attaching a heatsink (vs gluing one on). But...
  7. R

Creative CD-200 CD-ROM and Sound Blaster Compatibility

Hi everyone, this one is doing my head in so thought I'd drop a post by to get some help. I've been rebuilding one of the computers of my childhood an Osborne 486 DX2 66MHz and have hit a wall when getting the CD-ROM to work. Now from what I have been able to gather the Creative CD-200 needs to...
Back