• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by RichCini

1. RichCini

Converting Cromemco IMD disks to a flat file question

Thanks Larry. The author said to me that his emulator supports only the 4FDC, so I suspect the images I happen to be trying to use from Deramp may be for the 16FDC? Not 100% sure yet, but the author is checking it out to see. Rich
  2. RichCini

Unfortunately I don't have my imaging setup setup so I can't test it. What I can say from using IMDV on those images is that its a straight 16*512*154 images without the FM Track 0. I'm going to look for other copies of the assembler and see. I'm using this for the Seattle Computer 86-DOS...
  3. RichCini

Will do. I just grabbed a version of CDOS 2.58 from Dave Dunfield's site, converted it, and it ran just fine. It must be an issue with the way those disks had been converted. That disk is the same format as what the emulator author used -- CP/M FM track 0, MFM for the rest.
  4. RichCini

No, I didn't examine it yet. Let me do that. Looks like Track 0 is also MFM 512 bytes rather than FM 128 bytes and the chromix header starts at sector 2. I grabbed a copy of SBASIC from bitsavers and converted it -- regular SSSD 26x128 -- and it works just fine in the emulator with using...
  5. RichCini

Yes, with and without the /E parameter. The file size that is produced (1182720) does not match the size of the flat file provided by the emulator (1256704) which is (1*26*128)+(153*16*512). I did message the author of the emulator to see if he's done this conversion before or it's quite...
  6. RichCini

All -- I'm attempting to use a Cromemco emulator (https://www.sydneysmith.com/wordpress/run-cdos/) as part of some work I'm doing with the 86-DOS project. The emulator seems to use only flat/binary files and I can't seem to get the ImageDisk incantation right to convert available CDOS disk...
  7. RichCini

What was the last / latest commercially produced S-100 bus computer?

It's me that's working with @new_castle_j on the reproduction board. I received the first run boards about 2 weeks ago, but had to trash them due to an unrepairable error with some of the traces. So, I'm working on a second run. I've had to do a few additional tweaks, so it's in trace...
  8. RichCini

Is anyone from Lomas Data Products on-forum?

There are some problems with the boards so I have to scrap them. Since I have to re-do the boards, I’m going over the schematic redraw again and the versions of the scanned schematics that are on-line are not the best – there’s highlighting on it, and some signal names are obscured. Does anyone...
  9. RichCini

I should note that I replaced the LM338K and LM317 adjustable regulators with the fixed equivalents and the associated resistors removed. The TO-3 was also upgraded to an EzSBC switching replacement. As I'm building the board I noticed I used the wrong footprints for the resistors. So, I...
  10. RichCini

No. I used a single chip with A13. I’m hoping that actually works. Design-wise that’s the only thing different.
  11. RichCini

Boards arrived today. Just ordered parts -- it's an expensive board to populate.
  12. RichCini

Yes I probably should, good point. Lots of stuff there aside from Lomas but here’s the Lomas link. https://github.com/RichCini/LomasBoards
  13. RichCini

I’m not producing ready-to-run boards but the design files and PAL/ROMs are posted on my GitHub. I may have a limited blank board run made since 4-layer boards are costly to make in low quantities. But, let’s make sure it works first :)
  14. RichCini

86-DOS 0.11 Source Code Reconstruction

Larry -- if you're looking only for the source files, they're in the "src_v2" archive. For the binaries, you need to use the process Pig mentioned.
  15. RichCini

Yes, there's actually something to report on this. After many weeks of not getting the PALs read, I returned the board to the owner, who sent it to someone with better tools. He was able to decode all of the PALs and create working replicas. Based on this, I ordered a few prototype boards from...
Back