• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by rittwage

1. R

Retro console gaming?

You will hate trying to transfer anything to the HD over the network port. It's a terribly slow connection, not even close to even 100M wire speed. The much faster way is to connect the HD to a PC with tools that can deal with the PS2 format. Only trouble is physically moving the drive. There...
  2. R

Raw HDD cloning tool for DOS?

In the old days, you just hooked up two drives, fdisk/format/sys it, and used xcopy. That was cloning before NT4. I'm pretty sure it even worked up to Win98, but by then we'd use ghost.
  3. R

The South FS: Atari 130XE and 800XL

800XL is sold. Looks like I can't edit the original post. 130XE still available.
  4. R

The South FS: Atari 130XE and 800XL

Atari 800XL Computer Chroma mod added Completely cleaned and tested. Working 100% $175 Atari 130XE Computer Completely cleaned and tested. Working 100% $225 I entertain reasonable offers for both, and will ship in the US. No power supplies or cables or cartridges included. I recommend a...
  5. R

The South FS: Atari 1200XL

This was sold. There seems to be a lot of people from Europe wanting these...
  6. R

The South FS: Atari 1200XL

Good condition. Tested 100% Keyboard is fine with original mylar. Asking $275 with original power supply and BASIC cart (if you need it) plus shipping from 30907 USA. Any questions, just ask!
  7. R

Crystal 4237b/IPLAW35 sound card won't work on my 286

Really you should just stick it in a 486 and see if it works or not. If so, then it's your 286. You are trying to use 90's hardware in an 80's computer- it may not work.
  8. R

Commodore 1311 joysticks - Are they really that bad?

I still find boxes of crusty joysticks at the flea market. I have probably 50 of them in a box somewhere... If you are willing to put in the time cleaning them, you can always get a few spares working.
  9. R

The South FS: KayPro I Computer

This was sold. Thank you!
  10. R

Commodore 1311 joysticks - Are they really that bad?

I like the "Slik-Stik". They are very durable (no little metal dimpels inside) and responsive. The funny thing is- the main joystick part is an auto tire valve!
  11. R

Commodore 1525 Printer Ribbons

Yes, but I only need one... :)
  12. R

Intel "Chat Pad"?

You did find a prototype ChatPad. Probably you will never find the PC Host software for it unless it was found at the same time, so it will not be useful.
  13. R

Commodore 1525 Printer Ribbons

I ended up just buying another printer that had a ribbon in it already, so hopefully I can make one of them work! Thanks, though. If anyone has spares, I would still like one.
  14. R

1.2MB drive CANT read 360K

You should not format and try to use 40-tracks on an 80-track drive. If you do, it will often not be compatible with a real 40-track drive. You will regret trying to do this in most cases unless you have a way to completely magnetically erase the disk.
Back