• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by RizThomas

1. R

Fix Atari 400 Case

Or to make it even, a slice of vinyl strecthing from side to side will do ( for me anyway)☺😉
  2. R

Atari 400 aftermarket keyboard?

“The 400's flat keyboard isn't so bad.” Now that I see the one with normal keyboard, I love my Atari 400 with the flat keyboard....gives me the authentic and novelty look for my collection 😉😉
  3. R

My Rusted PET8032 with busted CRT ...continuous resurrection

Well, after a month of hiatus, waiting for a transistor (high voltage) that is the only one I suspect of getting damaged by my ‘shorting’ of the anode to CRT, I finally received a replacement. Sadly it is not the problem. One thing I notice is that when I power the 8032 on, I see small momentray...
  4. R

Where to get SD2IEC in the states?

That is a nice looking unit. I am baffled too on that audio connector labeled “serial”. As you mentioned that a IEC / DIN cable is soldered there, maybe the other IEC connector on the board is a “pass through “ for other devices. Comparing it with the schematic (thanks for sharing), the...
  5. R

A possibility for A Load-Diode/Resistor version of the Dallas RTC replacement?

Hi there .... have you looked / read this site... https://github.com/skiselev/compaq-portable-iii-battery
  6. R

https://www.pcbway.com/project/shareproject/SD2iEC_with_BROWSER_CARTRIDGE_for_COMMODORE_64.html Yes..he is a retailer and the only one (3 store) in the area that has more items in inventory. I built my latest SD2IEC by ordering a pcb from PCBWAY ( it is a shared project) so I still have four...
  7. R

In answer to OP ‘s request, I bought mine from Jim Brain. However, you to put it in case yourself and add the cables. As for the Atmega644 availabilty, my local store sells the for $18 CDN. https://store.go4retro.com/commodore/uiec-sd/
  8. R

So a BIG Disappointment today. I got my diodes and capacitor, installed them and tested. However, I got BLANK Screen. Expected brightness voltages are there, but this time I don’t get any horizontal beam or anything. My vertical/horizontal/video signals are present. However the expected 194V at...
  9. R

Commodore PET 2001-8 stuck on garbled screen

There is only one 2114 RAM on the C64. Mine is a breadbin type so the 2114 is located to the Right of the (8) RAMs area ( towards the middle).
  10. R

Commodore PET 2001-8 stuck on garbled screen

Hello...just been thru battling these 2114 RAMs in my pet, and being a Commodore C64 enthusiast, here is how I tested mine. Unsoldered the 2114 in my C64 and installed a socket. When 2114 is reinstalled, the boot screen should come up normal and readable characters. Now, I unsoldered those 4 -...
  11. R

I think I can pick that UF4007 locally. I was going to ask also about 1N5408 rated at 3A/1000volts but it is a common rectifier ( not a damper or Ultra fast one). My local store has it and I am planning to go there ( it is in downtown Vanvouver ~ 45 minutes drive). EDIT: They also have this...
  12. R

Thank you Dave/Hugo....will try to source the diodes locally. I noticed that the electrolytic 47uf/250 is also getting hot so I will to pick that one too Yes ...I took that capacitor out to test it and notice a slight bulge by my Chinese tester read 50uf sp I thought it is ok It will be awhile...
  13. R

Hello, Dave: I re-installed back the original HD46505SP CRT controller......and yes, there is 18V on the CRT board. Hugo: Following you advise, there is no -155v at the diode you mentioned above. In fact when I touched it the diode split into two (see pic). So I took the PCB out again, and...
  14. R

Hello...one more for 2022 So I followed the advises from above..... 1. Re- mounted the ‘replacement’ tube, checked all connections... —> still getting the bright line in the middle. 2. Started setting up for diagnostics ( scoping, continuity and voltage readings). I scoped and did a snapshot...
  15. R

Cannot use EPROM to replace character ROM in 4032.

Copied and also burned one from file to 2716...OK but this is for 8032
Back