• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

RobS's latest activity

• RobS
    RobS replied to the thread Honeywell 200 resurrection.
    As I explained in my article in RESURRECTION, the house magazine of the Computer Conservation Society here in the UK, my original reason...
  • RobS
    How old were you then? I recall the console on one of our later machines developing an embarrassing fault. Given what has already been...
  • RobS
    It may just be a coincidence. The STOP and RUN buttons would be in the bottom row because they were often used and operators got into...
  • RobS
    I haven't tried using the waxed nylon cord I bought yet but it is made by a European company, SES Sterling, who state that the fibres in...
  • RobS
    I don't know about TTY print mechanisms but making a realistic Honeywell console keyboard wouldn't be too much of a problem. There...
  • RobS
    My H200 panel pictured previously HERE also has nylon cable ties which are possibly the originals although there is also some lacing...
  • RobS
    But not any more? I always have to deliberate about which aspects of my home brew machine need to be similar enough to those on the...
  • RobS
    RobS replied to the thread IBM 1401 - UK.
    I only just noticed this comment. On this occasion it's purely a coincidence that I'm mentioning the Honeywell 200 on a thread about...
  • RobS
    I agree about the crazy price for 382 lamps but maybe this is because they still crop up elsewhere such as in plane dashboards. When...
  • RobS
    BBtheEE , While testing the panel using a level DC PSU with all lights lit by INITIALIZE it did consume something over 6 Amps as you...
  • RobS
    I did a rough calculation of the RMS value of the voltage supplied by my pulsating waveform and it came out as 14.6 volts RMS, so it's...
  • RobS
    I have now tried connecting the control panel to the CVT-plus-diodes based PSU and during this trial panel lights did both come on and...
  • RobS
    The rectified waveform from my CVT looks much better under a 40 watt dummy load and the buzzing is quieter. As the current demand from...
    • CVT under load.JPG
Back