• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Rockin' Kat

1. R

Ooh. Apple Floppies from Incredible Universe!

So the other day I walked into the Goodwill three miles from my house and found a bunch of Mac Formatted HD floppies. I have a lot of floppies, but these one's are cooler than normal floppies. They were Apple Branded ones! :mrgreen: They're probably not super valuable but I think they're...
  2. R

Launch Win 3.1.1 with "WIN" from main directory?

Hi, I'm no MS DOS/Win 3.1.1 expert.. I pretty much barely know enough to install the DOS 6.22, install Win 3.1.1 and then get the SoundBlaster16 drivers installed...I know how to bring up the help file if I forget a command... What's really cool is that I also seem to know how to really F*ck...
  3. R

MicroSolutions BackPack CD-RW Powersupply

Hi, In my search for an external CD ROM for my 386, I picked up a MicroSolutions BackPack CD-RW drive that hooks up via the parallel port. Unfortunately it did not come with a power supply and uses some kind of 5 pin connector. I don't know if this drive works and I won't be able to find out...
  4. R

FS: two (Mac/AppleII)DD floppy mechanisms

Hi. I just upgraded a couple external Apple 3.5 drives to superdrive status and now I have two extra internal 3.5" DD floppy drives. These DD floppy drives can be used in either an old Macintosh which did not support the HD superdrive, or in an Apple 3.5 external drive which has a...
  5. R

What computer is this? "Hackers" movie screen shots

Hi, I recently watched Hackers and was just wondering what kind of computer they had the Dade character using to hack the TV station near the start of the movie? Obviously it isn't particularly realistic visually, but It's still one of my favorite movies... I prefer to think of it more as...
  6. R

installed a 3.5" floppy in a WYSE 286, unsure about jumper settings

Hi, I have a WYSE 286. I just got around to installing a 3.5" floppy drive I picked up months ago.... used a 3.5" to 5.25" bay adaptor that came complete with a floppy drive already mounted in it, and the nessesary adaptor to hook it up to the drive cable. I'm keeping the 5.25" drive as...
  7. R

Sanyo MBC-555

Anyone want one of these? Can be yours for $10 plus s/h. It's a fairly heavy computer. No keyboard or cables..other than the built in power cable. I pluged into my TV via the monochrome output. When I turned the computer on the TV behaved as though it were receiving a signal, but the...
  8. R

Epson PX-8

Hi, I found an Epson PX-8 with an Epson PF-10 floppy drive, and a special piggy back kind of add on called Epson Multi Unit 64(which appears to add a modem... and get's it's power from the PX-8 ) about a month or so ago. I was able to find some new AC adaptors that meet the ratings on these...
  9. R

Seeking: Mac 128K front bezel

Hi, I'm looking for a replacement front bezel for my 128K Mac.... well it's actually been upgraded to 512KE status but it's still the original case... it's just too bad that it has the original owners Washington State ID melted into the case right above the monitor. Needs to be non-discolored...
  10. R

Brackets for mounting drive in WYSE 286.

Hi, I have a 3.5" drive with an adaptor to hook up to the cable and an adaptor to make it fit in an open 5.25" drive bay, but I have a couple things I still need to get to make it go in... I need to find a set of plastic brackets that go on each side of the drive so I can slide it in and lock...
  11. R

um, hello...

Hi, I found myself here through a mailing list I'm on and thought why not just register a username.... My name is Matthew and I'm 22, well I will be in about 9 days.... I've been interested in older computers and video games for several years now. In all honesty I'm primarily into this for...
Back