• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Roe

1. R

Emulex UC13 unibus scsi adapter info?

Can anyone point me at documentation for the Emulex UC13 unibus scsi controller? I can find docs for the UC14, but no luck on the UC13. Thanks!
  2. R

GT40 on ebay

Look what just showed up on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEC-Digital-1972-GT40-vector-graphics-system-PDP11-PDP-11-/231477915161?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35e528ae19 The only question now is: just how crazy _am_ I?
  3. R

RL11 cable kit?

Does anyone have a spare RLV12 rear bulkhead cable kit? I want to button up my BA123 pdp11/93, and I can't install the side panel with the RL02 cable sticking out of the controller. Reasonable cash is available :-) Thanks!
  4. R

Pdp11/23 max memory confusion...

I have an M8186 KDF11 cpu card, etch C (I think) and there is some confusion about max memory. The 1985 DEC Microcomputer Products Handbook states it is "capable of addressing up to 4 megabytes of main memory." (Pg 3-1) On the other hand, the preliminary KDF11-A users guide on bitsavers states...
  5. R

SB11 BA11-V arriving, need MXV11

I've got an SB11 enclosure arriving soon, and with only four dual-wide qbus slots, I'm looking for an MXV11 multi-function board -- an M7195 would be great, but any of them with at least 16KW (or upgradable?) would do the job. Cash or swap, I've got a pretty good qbus spare set, and a VAX...
  6. R

RSTS/E V10, pdp11/93, and DHQ11 quandary...

I'm (finally, thanks sgutils) installing RSTS/E 10 on my pdp11/93, and I'm having trouble getting it to recognize a DHQ11. A brief inventory: 11/93, 4MB, with 8 DL11s (console at 777560, 7 more starting at 776500 vector 300) CMD CQD220A/TM SCSI controller at 772150 RQDX3 at 760334 DEQNA...
  7. R

Pdp11/93 rs232 pinouts

Does anyone have pin descriptions for the 9-pin DB-style RS232 connectors on a pdp11/93 rear bulkhead unit? It's got one standard DB-25 for the console, 7 (I know this is the wrong term) DB-9 male connectors (for the rest of the simulated DL-11s), a two-digit LED display, and a dipswitch for...
  8. R

Slightly off topic, is cctalk dead

I'm sure there must be DEC forum members who also subscribe to the cctalk / cctech mailing lists. Are they dead? I've seen nothing in a few days... Thanks, and sorry for the OT post.
  9. R

pdp11/34a in BA11-L box, H777 schematics

Can anyone point me to the field maintenance print set for the H777 power supply in a BA11-L enclosure? The closest I can come with Google-chi is the entire 11/04 prints, more than 400 pages, and if the H777 is there, it's not in the table of contents. Thanks, I'm finally back to unibus after...
  10. R

RL02 failed once in XXDP - a problem?

I'm working on an RL02 disk drive, and it seems to work damn well. I've run all the XXDP2 5 diagnostics with one -- and only one -- error. During the second pass of ZRLJC0 (drive test 2, SEEK) one error occurred. A summary is: INC SK FWD HD 1 TEST OPER: RD HDR RESULT: INTRPT TOO LATE...
  11. R

DEC RP03 pack imaging

Can anyone out there (including the museums) read and image an RP03 disk pack? I have a rare opportunity to retrieve UNIMAX, a specialized version of unix that supported V7 and system 5 syscalls, capable of demand page kernel that would run on a 256k 11/34 or /45.
  12. R

Vtserver used to archive dsks?

Has anyone ever used vtserver to copy an image of a real disk to a virtual image? I need to copy several RK05 disk packs, and I'm pretty sure none are bootable. The boot media are RP03 disks, and that controller faults out at power on, so I'm probably stuck without a way to boot the beast...
  13. R

RT-11 V5.7, y2k, and copyright

I have spent some time - and a tiny bit of money - trying to locate the current copyright holder of RT-11. Without success. (Mentec, numbered corp, etc., etc.) Copyright law requires the holder to defend the copyright. Can anyone think of a reason I should _not_ release V5.7 as a public...
  14. R

SCSI2SD help

I'm trying to connect a SCSI2SD card to my pdp11/83 with no success whatever. It shows up on the CQD220a as a drive, but any attempt to access it just locks up permanently. It's running the 3.2 software, and I'm trying anything to update to 3.5. Does anyone have an email contact or other info...
  15. R

VT340 works great in colour, miserable in monochrome...

I found a seriously battle scarred VT340 on ebay for fairly cheap, and it arrived today. The case is a mess, but the thing works almost perfectly, bright readable characters and graphics, but only in colour. In monochrome mode -- which happens when you hit SETUP (F3), the text is so dim I...
Back