• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by sciencegirl100

1. sciencegirl100

CGP-115 Color Graphic Printer

I have been trying to fix this printer, and I would like to find replacement mechanisms. According to Tandy Wiki it uses the ALPS DGP-1302 mechanism. I was hoping that because of its widespread use in other printers from Atari, Commodore, Sharp, and Texas Instruments, I would come across many...
  2. sciencegirl100

PowerBook G3 Pismo charger

I need to get a charger for my two G3 Pismo laptops (M7572). My two previous attempts have each been too small. Is this the right charger? Pictures of the laptop
  3. sciencegirl100

(Hopefully) New Computer "Museum" in Utica, NY

So, I attend SUNY Polytechnic in Utica, NY and I've been snatching up the legacy equipment and all sorts of old tech I can find. I will be mixing it in with my own collection and creating a small museum for the systems. I'm currently trying to get a whole room for it, as most professors love to...
  4. sciencegirl100

Defining Eras of Vintage

Vintage in the terms of items usually put up for auction (such as furniture, vehicles, and appliances) is defined as older than 30 years of age. However, vintage computers, in general, would include historic or odd machines over 10 years old. 10 years, as it is double the usual computer...
  5. sciencegirl100

Sun Ultra 10 Creator - Error 404: OS not found

I just got a Sun Microsystems Ultra 10 Creator SPARC station! It's really cool... but there's a small issue. It didn't have a hard drive, I gave it one. So... how the heck can I get an OS on it? I've tried: Solaris 7.0.1199 Sun OS 4.1.3 Solaris 8 (all from WinWorldPC) None of the booted. :/...
  6. sciencegirl100

Hardest part of college

So, I absolutely love my collection of old tech, however there's no way I can use it all at college (which is three hours away from home). I have to get rid of most of it :(. There are too many time where I think to myself "Oh, I could absolutely use that later" or "these parts could be used in...
  7. sciencegirl100

TRS-80 DT-1 Plus a raspberry Pi

So, I recently saved a TRS-80 data terminal from being dumped at my college. I plan to wire in a raspberry pi internally to turn it into a Linux machine (because it's just a "dumb terminal"). It *successfully* communicated through an Arduino UNO to my PC with PuTTY... only some keys worked, and...
  8. sciencegirl100

Multiple Vintage computers with one display

Ok, I'm not using any composite video, just VGA. And I don't really have very much money to spend, and I already had the switch.
  9. sciencegirl100

Nerd in college here!

Hello, I'm Ed green and I'm probably best describes as a nerd (but a bit more social). I've already made a few posts, but I figured I aught to make one of these intro posts. So details about myself: SUNY Polytechnic (Hopefully) Future Microsoft employee Disney History Enthusiast Electrical and...
  10. sciencegirl100

Multiple Vintage computers with one display

So, my dorm room doesn't have much space, and I don't have a lot of monitors, so KVM switch to the rescue. Oh, wait... I don't have a KVM switch... yet. I'm working on making one (without the K or M) out of a parallel switch box. I'll post a picture of my progress later (today or tomorrow).
  11. sciencegirl100

BBS from modern PC

So, I know I can use a BBS with Windows 10 if I had a modem, but I have no RJ-11 hookup anywhere. My dorm room only has RJ-45 gigabit. Is there a way I could access BBS lines through my cell phone (LG V20) or Google Voice? P.S. If there's an answer with using my cell phone, would I be able to...
  12. sciencegirl100

Macintosh SE Hard Drive or Floppy

I put a jumper on the "Enable Remote Motor Start" pins, when I boot, it doesn't ask me to initialize it. My boot disk is an InterPoll installer, maybe that's why?? When I run "HD SC Setup" it says unable to locate a suitable drive connected to the SCSI port. :/ I've tried various combos of...
  13. sciencegirl100

Macintosh SE Floppy Upgrade

Hello! I've been posting a lot recently, lol. Anyway: My Macintosh SE has an 800K floppy drive, I want to replace it with a 1.4M drive. According to This Page I need the following chips: 342-0701 342-0702 344-0062-01 Where can I get these chips? (If I can at all :/ ) It's not too big of an...
  14. sciencegirl100

Anything! I'm desperate... sorta

I really want to grow my vintage collection as much as I can. I like cutting-edge, brand new stuff, and really old stuff. I'm mostly interested in old Apple or IBM equipment, but as long as it has a good story, I might like it. Even if you don't want to give up your old stuff, if it's got a good...
Back