• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by ScutBoy

1. S

Canon Object.station

Recently came into a longtime want - a Canon object.station 41, with the keyboard. The SCSI card and drives are in the machine, thought the SCSI cable is missing. On power-up, the caps/num/scroll lights flash briefly, and there is power to the disk drives, but there is no POST, no beeps, no...
  2. S

Keyboard for Franklin Ace 2200?

Free Geek Twin Cities recently got a donation of a Franklin Ace 2200, but unfortunately without they keyboard. I thought I would ask here in case anyone might have a spare or know of some other solutions to at least see what the functionality is of this guy. I see some older posts that talk...
  3. S

VCF Midwest - who's going?

I'll be there with my friend. Same tables we've had the last couple of years kiddy-corner from the free table...
  4. S

Tektronix 4054A with Option 30 - Cylon Attack work in progress game!

Very cool! I really liked the vector graphics in BSG - the line drawing whenever they brought up a screen with a ship graphic on it, etc.
  5. S

Arcade swap meet!!! Minneapolis MN this weekend!

Yes - will be watching the weather. I'd be coming up from Northfield, so need to pay attention to here and there...
  6. S

I'm going to try hard to be there - I don't see why not...
  7. S

Who are the silicon graphics enthusiast members here?

Current challenge is an R3K Indigo that I finally got to POST, but either fails soon after with a "CPU Parity" error if I remember correctly, or will immediately fail POST with a "Replace CPU board" message. It wouldn't/won't POST at all with the Elan board I have, but will with the LG1. I have...
  8. S

Knock on wood, but replacing the thermal pad on the CPU heatsink appears to have solved my problem. The old pad fell to pieces when I removed the heatsink. I used silicon .5 mm pad from an assorted set from Amazon. Just cut the pad to size from the bigger sheet.
  9. S

Shared on the Free Geek Twin Cities Discord - hope that will help drive attendance. Also fun because I grew up about 6 blocks from here :)
  10. S

Any experiene with R4K Indigos? I have one that seems to have an overheating problem. My next step is to replace the thermal pad on the CPU and see if I can identify any other chips on the logic board that might be getting hot. Hard to do when you have to pull the board quickly after the machine...
  11. S

I"m no expert, but I have a couple SGI - Octane, Indigo, Indy. No pics handy now, perhaps in a bit.
  12. S

Mid Atlantic Free for local pickup: Sun SPARCstation 2

Nice grab - thanks for saving it for someone!
  13. S

HP85 Thermal Printer question

I picked up a nice HP85 machine that is functional - except for the tape drive, surprise... My question is about the printer. The belts were good, and the printer prints OK except the top line of the print matrix doesn't print. For example, the capital "T" looks like "I" - that top horizontal...
  14. S

Midwest WTB- new restoration project

I'll second this - a lot of good retro stuff comes through there. Currently an HP/Apollo workstation, for example...
Back