• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by SkyCaptain

1. S

Finally, I have it. Commodore PET 2001 with blue frame but its not working

So just a quick update, neither the datasette nor the IEEE 488 port are working, on the datasette, the tape isnt turning, so i have to take it out and see what is going on. On the IEEE 488 port, i have this Pet2SD card reader, and when i type "LOAD"$",8" i get a "FILE NOT FOUND" error. So...
  2. S

Ok, i dont understand, i started with putting in the keyboard PIA and testing the keyboard on the countdown screen, they all worked. Then I put in the second PIA, started the machine which went through the PET tester again. Lastly I put in the VIA and it again came all the way to the PET tester...
  3. S

Alright, im back with news! I successfully made the adapter with a breadboard and was able to run the PET tester. This is still with VIA and PIAs removed, and without the ROM RAM replacement board. On the first screen I see the full character set and then I see what i think are the ROM...
  4. S

Hi Dave, so I made a small drawing, i also colour coded it. Blue are address lines, green are data lines, red is the 5V and 0V is i got it correctly, and lastly in yellow, Pin 3 and Pin 4. I think im first going to try this on some breadboard before making a socket sandwich. Not sure how to...
  5. S

Dave, yeah, I bought the Tynemouth one because I spent a long time on his blog while trouble shooting my first PET. I thought with his blog online, i could also find enough resources on using the device. Sadly that blog has since been taken down. The device though works like a charm all the...
  6. S

ok, so I wanted to insert the EPROM into H3 only to realize that the PETTEST that I have sits on a 24 PIN 2716 EPROM, the 6540 ROM in H3 has 28-Pins... SkyCaptain
  7. S

Alright, im back with some updates. Or, one update. I have completed the first suggested item, removing the PIAs and VIA. With just the 6502 running, i get a black screen again. But when I replace ROM and RAM with the replacement board, it now boots up to BASIC. ajgriff, thank you very much...
  8. S

dave_m, i will remove them all. I still have a working 6522 but the others I would need to order, if one is broken. A quick question regarding the 6540 ROMs in this machine. I assume those are not compatible with the 2532 EPROMs that i have, and at this point i should probably start thinking...
  9. S

Hi Guys! Thanks for your replies Hutch, thank you for the link. I have used Zimmers before. What i cant find for this board is a layout view. Basically, a drawing of the whole board with the socket labels. I think the RAM is ok, at least according to the PET tester i have on the ROM/RAM...
  10. S

Hello good people of the Vintage Computer Forums I finally have the crown jewel for my personal collection, a PET 2001 with blue frame, complete with chiclet keyboard and tape drive. And only minimal yellowing on the keys. Its sadly not working... yet, but with all your help i managed to get...
  11. S

Commodore PET 2001 (with pictures) Questions about the mods

So i think i have the right part It looks like on the board, this part here is broken: : Which, in the schematics looks to be this part here: Now... what does this mean? i was expect a little more information from the drawings. Because im not entirely sure where to go from here. Thanks...
  12. S

Commodore PET 2001 (with pictures) Questions about the mods

Hey guys, im back with an other PET i found on my quest to find an affordable but working PET. So the machine is pretty amazing with many added boards, it came with a printer and a dual disk drive. On first glance, it looks like one of the 2001 with the full sized key board and green screen...
  13. S

Commodore PET restoration help needed

Alright, Removing the 2nd memory bank, nothing happened. So i replaced all the chips from the 1st row with the chips of the 2nd row, and now the computer would pass the test on to the next stage. The diagnostic program now registers 16KB of RAM and continues the test. The final test finishes...
  14. S

And Success! We are running the PET TEST and the results are. Well, i doesnt pass the first test if read the documentation right. Ill add a picture. I hope the resolution is high enough. but thats pretty awesome. SkyCaptain
  15. S

Alright, my first attempt of burning a 2716 chip failed. I tried to Burn daver2's PETTESTER. I will attach pictures if i figure out how. Im not entirely sure what i did wrong, an im not entirely sure how to correct it. But i do have my UV lamp to test now so theres that. Anyways, here are the...
Back