• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by SParent

1. S

Gridcase 1520 hardware password after RTC clock replacement

Hello Thom, sorry for the delay to answer! I use an Arduino Mega to read/program the Dallas chip. I can send you the script with wiring instructions if you want it.
  2. S

WTB: Turbo LED display / board

I actually have a few of those lying around, but I don't know which type they are (re the document provided by modem7). How can one tell one type from the other looking only to the led board? Update: added pictures
  3. S

FS: Cauzin Softstrip reader (for Apple IIe)

If anybody is interested, I put my Cauzin Softstrip Reader for Apple IIe on auction on eBay. Item number is 231475092377.
  4. S

FS (Not mine) 8" Radio Shack disk drive

Seen on a local listing: Radio Shack 8" disk drive, condition unknown. Comes with a box of Radio Shack disks. 70$ CDN asked. I have no use for this, but I don't see many listed, so I thought I could pass the information. I can buy or make offer for anyone interested and ship it.
  5. S

Coco 2 RAM chips in a Model I expansion interface?

I got myself a really nice TRS 80 Model 1 setup. In the local ads I found a Model 1 Level II computer, expansion interface, monitor and disk drive. Asking price was 100$, so I got it for 60$. No software came with it, but I got three binders of documentation. The seller was the original owner of...
  6. S

WANTED: Dysan 3.5" Floppy Diskette Boxes

Here's what I have: I'll PM you. Mods: sorry for the post, but I did not find how to send this picture using the PM module on my iPad.
  7. S

Fd-501 floppy controller help

Success! I finally fixed this controller. As many of you suggested, one of the edge connector fingers was bad. But the broken connector was hiding under some conformal coating. I don't know if this controller ever worked. But now it does. For completeness and to close this thread, here are some...
  8. S

Seeking interest in Western Digital WD1773 PH chips for sale

Hello all, I plan to order some WD1773-PH floppy controller chips from China. I would like to know if there's interest from members of this forum to get one or more of these chips. The expected final price is around 8$ per chip plus shipping from Canada to your location (I found only one seller...
  9. S

Fd-501 floppy controller help

Hi, I have a Tandy FD-501 floppy controller and single drive I'm trying to get working. When I insert the floppy controller into the cartridge slot of either of my two Cocos 2 and power on the Coco, I get some sort of checkered pattern on the screen, with some pixels flashing. No sound...
  10. S

Wanted: EXP8J61 bios file

I'm working on a Data Expert EXP8J61 pentium MB. It starts fine, but at startup it gives me a "keyboard locked" error message and it won't go further. I jumpered the lock pins on the MB, and it had no effect. I also tried different keyboards, tried to boot barebones, etc. It always give me the...
  11. S

Bonjour from Québec

Hi all, My name is Sylvain and I'm in the upper half of the 40s, so I grew up with the computer revolution. I got hooked to electronics and building mechanical stuff before turning 10, and I never quit. I studied electronics (analog and digital), programming, and physics. I got and used a lot...
Back