• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by ST251

1. ST251

Green 753 battery project.

They're so simple and that's why I like vintage technology so much. None of this planned obsolescence constant internet connection garbage they're pushing out these days. At some point I'm actually going to get moving on rebuilding the battery pack of that 5140 and I hope to have my own Green...
  2. ST251

the good thing about NiCd/NiMH batteries is that most of them are dumb batteries. For example in my 5140, the battery is so dumb that it just has two wires - the terminals
  3. ST251

Looking at the data sheet, the bq2010 doesn't seem to have an overdischarge lock out so theoretically you should be able to replace the cells and it should just work. keep in mind I'm no battery expert
  4. ST251

(Nearly) Complete Kalok Octagon Lineup

Sorry, my memory failed me. I just looked to make sure and it's only a KL320. I'd definitely appreciate it if you could find one of those Xebec drives though
  5. ST251

(Nearly) Complete Kalok Octagon Lineup

Nice collection you have there. I've been trying to find one of those Xebec-relabeled drives for a while. Have you gotten your hands on a KL330 yet? I ask because I have one (in Kalok factory not working condition :ROFLMAO: )
  6. ST251

Pacific Northwest FA/FS: HP Vectra PSUs

I have a Vectra VL in storage so if these are still available by the time I get to look at it, I'll post back whether any of yours are a match
  7. ST251

New England NOS Green 753 Laptop

Yep, that's correct
  8. ST251

Sounds like quite a rough time. Hope all is okay now and take as long as you need. the weather pattern should have gone towards the desert states, they need it more than us
  9. ST251

Wouldn't mind at all. Do you possibly have any that don't show external signs of leakage?
  10. ST251

How much would one of the laptops plus a battery be
  11. ST251

Oh yeah, I wasn't expecting to ever find a new or working one but was more hoping/expecting to find a dead one to rebuild.
  12. ST251

Quick question - does anyone have any leads on a potential source of main batteries for these? I'm interested in buying one but would hope to find a battery, even one I would have to rebuild
  13. ST251

Plus Hardcard BIOS

Just to clarify, I mean the two images on ibm-pc.org - I didn't catch my mistake before the post edit period passed.
  14. ST251

Plus Hardcard BIOS

Those two images appear to be the same as the one I uploaded. Yep, they're labelled and I'm listing them below. B33 and F34 B42 and F34 B58 and F73 B58 and F74 B61 and F74 B62 and F74 I have one more but it's in a closed computer.
  15. ST251

Plus Hardcard BIOS

I did a little more testing earlier today. Swapping the 2764s from one drive to another allowed SpeedStor's write tests to function but attempting a low level format resulted in a "Bad command to disk BIOS" message (and it also made the drive ID as 10MB but manually entering the parameters into...
Back