• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by tezza

1. T

A new Youtube video on my Atari 800

Having now completed the remastering of my previous Youtube videos, I was motivated enough to make this new one on the Atari 800. It's the first in seven years. The computer hasn't aged in that time, but I certainly have (: Anyway, take a look if you're interested.
  2. T

New to T models

The NEC PC-8201a was my second ever computer, and I have fond memories of it. I even made a video on it. Good luck with your journey. Tez
  3. T

Micro 80 Expansion - help with identification.

Thanks for sending that manual through @Gazza. I don't think I've seen it before, but I need to check my files. I'll let you know.
  4. T

TRS-80 M3 has trouble with floppy drive 1

Utraman, I'm glad we could help. Like Eudimorphodon, NEWDOS/80 is my favourite Model I/III DOS. However, its PDRIVE-enabled flexibility with many physical disk configurations (common on maxed out Model 1s), can cause issues with Model IIIs. Model IIIs generally have two factory fitted...
  5. T

Make the PDRIVE values for drive 1 the same as those for drive 0. See if that helps. In my experience NEWDOS 80 v2.5 for the Model 3 doesn't seem to be very compatible with standard Model III LSDOS or TRSDOS disks. Hence if you are trying to read those kind of disks (i.e. disks formatted or...
  6. T

It looks like that could be your problem. Do you have the manual?
  7. T

Just a thought. Have you checked the NEWDOS PDRIVE settings? If they are different for drive 0 and drive 1, this may make a disk (like your NEWDOS disk) which is readable/bootable in drive 0 , unreadable in Drive 1 if you are using NEWDOS to boot. Under NewDOS issue the command "PDRIVE 0"...
  8. T

Refreshed Collection Videos from long ago

That early one was given to me by someone. It's so long ago I can't remember the details now. I only have a small, core group left from my original collection. I really didn't have any room to house them all properly or display them. My own health (a back injury plus deteriorating eyesight)...
  9. T

Thanks Verault. Yes, I don't try to be flashy, or uber-hyped, or have "shocked face" thumbnails. I know these help the Youtube algorithm and so might increase the views but that's just not me. Better just to be authentic, have content that people might be interested in and hope that people...
  10. T

Thanks for the support guys. Interestingly, I'm finding the AI does too good a job on occasions and deletes the cheerful background sound effects of games software I might be showing. It means I usually need to do a little cutting and splicing of the audio so those segments remain whole :)...
  11. T

Hi, I used to live in this forum from about 2007 until towards the end of the last decade. In the last few years vintage computing has been on the back burner, but some old timers here might still remember me. Here is why I'm posting. From about 2013 to 2016 or so, I uploaded a series of...
  12. T

Thoughts on minicomputer to microcomputer transition (PDP to Macintosh)

I guess it's depends on how you define "niche" Chuck. Anyone who wrote documents as part of their job (I was one of them) be they creators or typists, found word processing via computers a boon to everyday work. It was a revolution to ditch the pencil (and numerous hard-copy drafts), and have...
  13. T

Creating Physical TRS-80 Floppies From Disk Images

I use David Keil's emulator for this, on a 486 running straight MS-DOS 6.2. However. as others have said, some double density TRS-80 OS disks have the first few sectors as single density so your PC must be able to write single density. Not all PC floppy controllers can do this. Tez
  14. T

Misalignment of full-height floppy drive caused by a loose stepper motor coupling.

Hi, I wrote up this puzzling alignment experience, just in case it's helpful to anyone. https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/2022-09-03-Aligning-a-full-height-floppy-disk-drive-when-the-alignment-screw-is-not-enough.htm Tez
  15. T

Aligning Tandon TM100-2A - A whole track out!

Philip Avery and I recently had a disk drive alignment "adventure". We just wrote it up. This may (or may not) be of some help. https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/2022-09-03-Aligning-a-full-height-floppy-disk-drive-when-the-alignment-screw-is-not-enough.htm Tez
Back