• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

thunter0512's latest activity

• T
    If you have worked near a motor-generator set for a mainframe like a CDC CYBER then you wouldn't complain about a little hum from these...
  • T
    It was listed for Euro 99,- at ebay Germany. Missing some keys. Fixed it temporarily with VT100 keys in the top row and moving some to...
  • T
    thunter0512 replied to the thread DEC units on ebay.
    I wonder how these machines booted without an M847? Could the M848 be used to restart as long as core is not corrupted? So maybe you...
  • T
    thunter0512 reacted to DougIngraham's post in the thread DEC units on ebay with Like Like.
    The vendor selling just the one machine didn't include any details. The one with the 4 machines I emailed and got to add more photos...
  • T
    Good question, but I wouldn't complain as the M837 gives you the option of adding more core (or Roland's SRAM based memory board). Of...
  • T
    There is a sudden "oversupply" of PDP-8/M machines: https://www.ebay.com/itm/235452128279 (1 available)...
  • T
    thunter0512 replied to the thread SBC6120 "Mini" Front Panel.
    Paul, I made the base and the case 2 mm thicker which means you need screws which are 2 mm longer than what Chris designed for (8 mm...
  • T
    thunter0512 replied to the thread SBC6120-RBC problem.
    Hmmm - during the "frozen" state a single console key press unfreezes the system and the count continues without ever freezing again...
  • T
    thunter0512 replied to the thread SBC6120 "Mini" Front Panel.
    I finally received my hacked case, base plate and reset button 3D printed in PLA. The result is quite pleasing and much more sturdy than...
  • T
    thunter0512 replied to the thread SBC6120-RBC problem.
    It turns out that if I enter and start the 4 word program above using the following console commands, the "freeze" does not happen: d 0...
  • T
    thunter0512 posted the thread SBC6120-RBC problem in DEC.
    I have been using the SBC6120-RBC for a few years, but recently Chris Tersteeg has created a nice FP6120 front panel clone of Bob...
  • T
    thunter0512 reacted to Steve Toner's post in the thread New PDP-11/53 Build with Like Like.
    ...and while I wait for my USB JTAG programming cable to arrive so I can program the CPLDs on the RLV12 emulator, I'm stuck loading code...
  • T
    thunter0512 reacted to DougIngraham's post in the thread SBC6120 "Mini" Front Panel with Like Like.
    Consumer 3D printing can be broken up into roughly two groups with some overlap. A tool for making parts. A hobby in and of itself...
  • T
    thunter0512 reacted to DDS's post in the thread SBC6120 "Mini" Front Panel with Like Like.
    The 1903 Wright Flyer was indeed a pretty crappy airplane. But showed that heavier than air flight was possible. Within a few short...
  • T
    thunter0512 reacted to jfehlinger's post in the thread PiDP-10 with Like Like.
    > You can download and install the PiDP-10 software package on a Pi > without the front panel. That will give you some time to learn >...
Back