• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by tomasont

1. T

Free Solaris 7 CD's

I've got three Solaris 7 CD's and one floppy disk available for the price of shipping. One CD is marked for Sparc and one for Intel. Send me a PM if you're interested. Thanks, Todd
  2. T

3.5in Floppy Drive Mounting Bracket

Wasn't someone looking for these a while back? CyberGuys has them in stock. Black only, though. http://www.cyberguys.com/product-details/?productid=49179
  3. T

Anyone recall the logo change on Zenith laptops?

Is this the logo you're thinking of? It's a green tree(?) on a black background. I think I first saw this on a 386 laptop in the early or mid 90's.
  4. T

Diagnosing A Bad Power Supply

A recent power outage seems to have damaged one of my power supplies. This was an ATX power supply that was powering an external SCSI array. I probably won't repair the power supply, but I'd like to understand what happened to it. The power outage was a little unusual. We had two or three...
  5. T

Free Monitor/TV Recycling at Best Buy

Best Buy normally charges $10 to recycle a monitor or TV. I took in a dead VGA monitor and they said there was no charge. They're in the process of changing their recycling program, and in Kansas City anyway, there's no charge while they're changing over.
  6. T

Mac Memory vs. PC Memory

I have a few 168 pin DIMMs that I'm pretty sure came out of a Mac. I was testing some of my spare memory, and these won't fit in a Pentium II motherboard. The little notches don't line up. They're off by a tiny bit, but enough to make them incompatible. Does anyone know what the difference...
  7. T

Micromodule 85

This is a single board computer. It included a small plastic case to make it portable.
  8. T

Micromodule 85

I'm thinking of selling my Micromodule 85. This is an 8085 trainer from my college days. It came as a kit from Bell & Howell, who owned the DeVry schools at that time. Anyone interested in something like that? I'm still trying to track down the documentation. I know it's around here somewhere.
  9. T

Anyone Know of a Good Mac Forum?

I'm looking for a Mac forum for older PowerPC Macs. Everything I've found looks like it's been idle for 3 or 4 years.
  10. T

Windows NT 3.51 on VMware Player

Has anyone successfully booted Windows NT 3.51 on VMware Player? It installs just fine, but I can't get it to boot.
  11. T

Fonts for ImageWriter

I have an ImageWriter II hooked up to my LC III. I seem to vaguelly remember being told that certain fonts were designed to look better on dot-matrix printers. Anyone remember this, or know what they are?
  12. T

1980's Data Books for Sale

I'm selling the following data books. Motorola Fast and LS TTL Data - 1986 Motorola CMOS Logic Data - 1985 The TTL Data Book for Design Engineers (Texas Instruments) - 1981 1981 Supplement to the TTL Data Book for Design Engineers (Texas Instruments) - 1981 GE Transistors & Diodes - 1982 I'm...
  13. T

Free TI-55

This is probably a bit of a stretch, but I have an old TI-55 calculator that's collecting dust. It still works as long as you connect the AC adaptor. The keys have a little bounce to them. Yours just for the cost of shipping from 66220.
  14. T

Goldstar Oscilloscope

Just picked up a nice old scope. Goldstar OS-902RB. Dual-trace 20 MHz. Pretty basic, but should fill my needs. It makes me realize how rusty I am on one of these. Anyone familiar with these? I was trying to figure out how old it is. Apparently Goldstar changed their name to LG around...
  15. T

Free Intel 386 Computer

This is an Intel 386 computer that I've had laying around for years. It was probably manufactured about 1989. It has 40MB of RAM and the 386 has been upgraded to a Cyrix 486. I tried to fire it up the other day, and got an error that the clock had lost power. Otherwise it seemed to boot...
Back