• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Tor

1. T

What are the top 10 rarest vintage computer bits you own?

I don't think I can make up a list of the ten most vintage things I have. I've got some early eighties 8-bit PCs. And a 1987 16-bit mini. But I've got one thing that's rare, at least.. a full set of boards for a Cesar array processor: https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/25734 Only six of that...
  2. T

'Report post' button not working

As the title says. I don't think the 'Report Post' button sends anything anywhere. Over the last months I have reported a one-time post from a spammer more than once, and the spam post is still there. It's been there more than a year now! With spam link. I have reported spam many times over the...
  3. T

Pile of SGI INDYs

At work we have some eight or nine SGI Indy pizza boxes which are going to get dumped. I'm going to keep one for myself for spare parts for the one I already have. I'm allowed to ebay the rest if I wish to, but then I will have to also manually clean out the disk of each of them - not the OS...
  4. T

What's Where in the Apple kickstarter project

This kickstarter project may be worthy of contribution: "Electronic version of classic 'What's Where in the Apple'" http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/845678003/electronic-version-of-classic-whats-where-in-the-a -Tor
  5. T

Trying to find dev/ev board for eZ80 CP/M experiments

I'm looking for a setup which would allow me to experiment with CP/M again (I used to program and hack on CP/M systems in the 80's). Been through some emulators, but it's not entirely satisfactory. So now I'm looking for some real hardware to fool around with. I'm more into the programming...
  6. T

Re-aligning head of NEC FD5711C 5 1/4" floppy drive?

My NEC 1.2MB 5 1/4" drive (FD5711C) seems to have developed what I think is an alignment problem. I have some floppies that I know are good, but the drive only reads a track or two before it starts to give sector errors. Is there any method available for trying to adjust the drive mechanics? -Tor
  7. T

Tor

I use this same user name in the forum.
Back