• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Towmater

1. T

Trackstar - Apple II clone on a PC ISA card

I dumped the roms from an O.G. Trackstar, hoping someday to disassemble and find out how it loads the A2 OS. It’s likely that the only copy protection is on the disk, and based on the brevity of the roms I’m guessing that these only serve as loader functions to read DOS and possibly Apple...
  2. T

Trackstar - Apple II clone on a PC ISA card

This is my third annual request for 1st gen Trackstar software.
  3. T

Tell me about the word, the word from the IRD

ironically, modem7, you led to the solution. For one brief, shining moment, after replacing the roms with the originals, the machine booted. I replaced the bios sockets with double-wipe versions and the machine has worked consistently since. Thanks!
  4. T

Well Bradley Poopers… those roms did nothing.
  5. T

Good idea… but the current bios is two 27128 and the Superswift is on two 27256, though I’ll give it a go in any case.
  6. T

I can’t get a 286 to post. There is no corrosion. The board only has ISA slots. After trying two ISA/PCI POST cards, all I get is an unlit IRDY LED, although it is unclear if the IRDY signal only refers to PCI signals. (Searches for IRDY error only results in discussions about POST cards.) There...
  7. T

Free vintage Junque

Are there really vga cards that work with Compaq’s internal monitor?
  8. T

The Sinclair QL

Cool!... I don't know what FOC means, but cool! (I assume/hope that is English for shipping cost.)
  9. T

The Sinclair QL

My machine's an NTSC model, so I doubt it has the sockets if they were only in early revs. I do have those IC's, so perhaps I'll give it a go, if I can find illustrated mood info somewhere.
  10. T

The Sinclair QL

I wish I could find a way to burn and install a Minerva rom without buying adapters and multi-rom switchers. That's too expensive for a machine of marginal utility.
  11. T

My annual check/request if anyone has found the disks for an original Trackstar board

?It'd be cool to use my special set of skills. (Ok, I admit that just means using the company Altium license) to recreate the board once I have drivers to run it.
  12. T

"Vintage computer gaming and marketplace" sticky is a dead link.

"Vintage computer gaming and marketplace" sticky is a dead link.
  13. T

A way to find available ports?

I'm trying to run a memory card reader on a PII system. It has configurable address dip-switches, in the range of 210-3F0, but the default of 350 causes a lock-up when it gets to the driver in Config.sys. Is there a way to find available addresses? I suppose I could try iterating through every...
Back