• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by VERAULT

1. VERAULT

Dual 8 inch QUMETRAK 842 rack mount floppy drive restoration

So Id need a more versatile FDC? Can you recommend one. Are any of these new Quad Floppy boards that were all the news last year up to the task? Reason I bring it up.. I went through my 8" disks today. The vast majority are DS/DD 32 sector 1" floppies. Id just like to know if Im screwed with...
  2. VERAULT

Cansomeone tell me if this drive can read/write 32 track (hard sector) 8" disks?
  3. VERAULT

The only document i have come across is the MAINTENANCE manual. Would that cover default configurations?
  4. VERAULT

Doesnt the Dbit fadap do that for me? This video by Texelec has it connected as a 1.2MB floppy direct to a pc. I think before I can find faults I need to determine if I am connecting this up correctly.
  5. VERAULT

So I decided to go direct method and attach the 8" drive to a 486. I setup the bios for Drive A: 1.2MB HD at first I got drive not found errors but I remembered I needed to change the DS jumper. The bios "drive not found" error messages went away.. But whenever I try to do a task with the drive...
  6. VERAULT

Core2Duo vs. Pentium D?

NT 3.1 ... Well i dont remmeber it much. But I do remember NT 3.51. It was a good networking OS.
  7. VERAULT

Core2Duo vs. Pentium D?

You know what.... Im seconding this 👍
  8. VERAULT

(ebay) System/32 Disks - Who bought them?

Ooh! Nice find whoever did get that.
  9. VERAULT

Kaypro Part Needed

Hi Roy and Welcome to the forum! You will want to change your avatar to reflect where in the world you are located. And the power cords are just right angle power cords common with macintosh computers. Like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/224030925990
  10. VERAULT

Could very well be my problem. My settings with the kryoflux and greaseweazle are all wrong.
  11. VERAULT

Need some info on this Digitech model 710 protocol analyzer

Well apparently this company was based out of ridgefield CT. Not too far from where I live. The name now seems to make alot of Guitar related pedals. Not sure if its the same company.
  12. VERAULT

Ill just use the fadap as I already own it regardless of whether it does anything. Im sure a cable would work, but for what I have on hand its fine.
  13. VERAULT

Need some info on this Digitech model 710 protocol analyzer

Digitech model 710 protocol analyzer with amber CRT and 3.5" floppy drive. What is it!?
  14. VERAULT

Ok. Im in a bit over my head and could use some guidance. Im using the cable I made (from a standard straight 50 pin scsi cable with a cardedge connector on the end) to the first drive. Im using the D-Bit FDADAP board as if its uneeded, it shouldnt hurt either right? And its a convenient way to...
  15. VERAULT

Do these QUMETRAK 842 drives Spin continuously when powered on? I made a straight through cable. Edge connector on one side. I went over the first drive cleaning everything and repairing a couple minor wire damage.
Back