• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by Vercus

1. V

WTB: Vintage Apple CRT Monitor

Hello all, I'm looking for a monitor for my Performa 460. I have a 12" RGB monitor, but it doesn't seem to have survived my recent move. The image is all corrupted and distorted, so I'm looking for a replacement. Anything that will be able to sit on top of a Performa 460 (pizza box) and...
  2. V

Wanted: Daisy Wheel or Dot-Matrix Printer

I'm looking for some kind of impact printer, whether a Daisy Wheel, or even something like an IBM Proprinter (or similar). Something that can be hooked up to either the Parallel or Serial Port of a Windows XP era computer. Sometimes I just want to blast a sheet or two of text out and don't...
  3. V

FT: DEC VT-102 Terminal

Hey Guys, I have a fully functional DEC VT-102 Terminal that I'd be interested in trading for something else vintage computer related. It has the keyboard, and all keys are present and work. The screen is clear and works fine. I just fired it up today and everything works. It has the typical...
  4. V

G4 Sawtooth Keyboard Compatability Question!

Hey Guys, I know this question is a little off the beaten path, but I didn't know where else to go. I'm looking at buying a Sawtooth G4 400 Mhz for $20, but it only includes the tower and power cable. I don't have any Apple USB keyboards or mice. I'm wondering, would a Logitech PC keyboard...
  5. V

FREE: DEC PDP-11/23 on Poconos Craigslist

Hey guys, Was browsing the Poconos Craigslist and found this. Hope he didn't trash it! http://poconos.craigslist.org/zip/3769848155.html Figured I'd pass it on. Hope someone can use it. -Jon
  6. V

Free: Dec pdp-11/23+

Hey Guys, I have a PDP-11 I haven't used in years and is just taking up space. I really need to get rid of it as it is in my bedroom! It's in an aftermarket case, I think the brand is MSD? Or perhaps MDS? I'm not sure. Anyway, the last I used it, both MFM hard drives were dead and the RX33...
  7. V

DEC VT-102 Terminal - $100

I'm selling a DEC VT-102 that works great, and is clean. Screen is good, all keys work, etc. Minor yellowing, but nothing bad at all. My landlord had it since new. Do you guys think $100 is reasonable? I also have a spare VT-100 keyboard I could throw in. I can get pics up tomorrow if it...
  8. V

Wanted: Disk Drive for PDP-11/23+

Hello, I've been trying to find a disk drive for my PDP-11. I was hoping to find something along the lines of an RX02 or RL02, so I could have something different / interesting to use with it. I would also have to locate the appropriate controller of course. I was just poking in the dark...
  9. V

My First PDP-11!

Hello all, On Sunday the 13th, I became the proud owner of a PDP-11. Lou came over and dropped off an MDB built 11/23+. This my first PDP class computer, and has been a real blast. I guess it's what you might call a "micro PDP" in that it's all contained in one case. It has an MFM hard drive...
  10. V

DEC Stuff for Sale! VT-102, 2 RL-02's and Nice Rack!

Hey Guys, I have too much stuff and not enough room / money, so I'm trying to sell some unused gear. I have a perfectly working VT-102 terminal, that looks good. It's clean, all keys work, and has been tested. The screen is still nice and clear and everything works as intended. I also have...
  11. V

FREE DECPrinter I

I'm giving away my DECPrinter I. It powers up and passes the self-test print. However it doesn't respond to incoming signals. It has the serial interface, so I'm guessing it's a bad 1488 or 1489. I'd like to keep it, but I really need to free up space right now. I've cleaned it up some, and...
  12. V

Wanted: Dell Dimension 8250 Motherboard and P4 CPU

Hello Guys, The mainboard in my Dell Dimension 8250 went a while ago, and I've had trouble finding another one. The rest of the system is complete, and I really can't afford to buy a whole new computer on account of the mainboard. This is one of those oddball P4 systems that used RDRAM, that...
  13. V

DEC LA180 Serial Interface Card Issues

Hello, I messed around with the DECPrinter again today, attempting to figure out why it won't print. It passes the self-test, but won't respond to incoming signals, despite matching baud rate. I'm thinking it must be something in the serial interface card- possibly a bad 1488 or 1489...
  14. V

More Northstar Horizon Frustrations...

Well, I'm about ready to give up on these Northstars. I just don't have the patience or desire to deal with them. I've got one system running, but it's extremely flakey, and can't write to any floppy drive reliably without crashing. I've tried no less than SIX different floppy drives, and two...
  15. V

Kaypro 2 For Sale in Pennsylvania

EDIT: The Kaypro has been SOLD! Hello all, I've decided to offer my Kaypro 2 for sale. It's in great shape, I just have too much stuff, and not enough money or time to use it. I bought this at VCF this year, if anyone remembers seeing it on the swap table. It's really clean cosmetically, the...
Back