• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by vldmrrr

1. V

Any way to use hex/rom files on a Epson PX-8?

Dial-A-ROM for Vintage Computers Not used it myself yet, but just placed an order for px-8 and tandy model 100 versions
  2. V

Buzz from speaker on hacked Mac Color Classic

Just to recap - the system did not have any sound issues with original CC motherboard. The sound noise problem was only with PC motherboard line out connected to sound input of analog board on CC (actually to a replaced harness from 6400 series, as prior to PC board hack I did takky upgrade on...
  3. V

I ended up directly connecting the speaker to "Internal speaker" header on motherboard at which I previously did not pay attention. The sound is clean, no noticeable noise. So my problem is resolved, while the problem of buzzing of analog board sound is left unresolved.
  4. V

Ok, I was thinking how to troubleshoot this and as a first step I disconnected the ground wire pin at motherboard side. The buzz was gone, but the sound itself was gone as well. So the analog ground for sound is separate from common ground, and ground loop on analog ground can be excluded. I...
  5. V

I assume the front panel audio header on PC motherboard has line out level and also assume that analog board expects line out signal (because it has regulated volume level). So you suggest to try splicing in speaker amplifier? In this case maybe it would make more sense route its output straight...
  6. V

I've installed mini-ITX motherboard into Color Classic. All works well except the speaker produce quite loud buzzing sound that changes with what is shown on the screen. The loudness of buzz increases with the contrast of the image on screen: it is loudest on full-screen linux terminal filled...
  7. V

Creating CPAM image for smartportsd HD on apple 2c ZRAM board

A kind anonymous shared with me actual source code of CP/AM. After looking into it I learned about the meaning of another block that was patched into the system - it was DPH (Disk parameter headers). The only relevant field seemed to be the first word - address of skew table. In boot loader it...
  8. V

Under CPAM smart port devices are added using pc.com utility which produces as a result an executable file cauto.com. This file executes automatically after system boot and adds devices that were configured by pc.com. I looked inside cauto.com and found a place that patches the running system...
  9. V

I recently hooked up smartportsd device to apple 2c that has ZRAM Utra 3 board installed. After patching the firmware to report images of size 800K as "DISK 3.5" floppy I was able to run CPAM60UF.com to make the image bootable to CPAM 5.1 on the board. Now I wanted to have a bigger sized hard...
  10. V

Data General One EL 2T Problems

Here is section of service manual for replacement procedures
  11. V

PM alerts via email

I'd also remind that the forum sends email notification for subscribed thread only once after new message. If you ignore that and will not visit the thread you will not get emails. This is explicitely stated in the footer of email, here is an example:
  12. V

What language is used for code examples in VAX VMS manuals?

You can immediately recognize DCL command file by lots of lines starting with $ sign (as can be seen in this manual, for example). The examples referenced above do not have such lines.
  13. V

To me it did not look like fortran because the code was liberally indented and not starting at position 7, and all those weird STRUCTURE, UNION, MAP declarations, DO loop blocks. Really looks more like pascal or algol. But yeah, after checking checking evolution of fortran on wikipedia I see it...
  14. V

Well, I posted the link to the manual in pdf file on bitsavers site in above message. The example I referenced with 'REPEAT.FOR' in the title is on page 83 of that pdf file.
  15. V

So I've got these VMS programming manuals for free from this thread (thanks @thephysicist) and started emerging myself into time warp reading paper manual that requires sizable desk space for comfortable paging. I started from the roots: "Guide to VMS Programming Resources" (AA-LA57A-TE). Very...
Back