• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by xpower

1. xpower

Setting up GBS-8219 CGA to VGA Converter

The MCE2VGA converter arrived. It was the Motherboard and pre-programmed FGPA board Fully tested with the 3D printed case. The box contained all the parts needed to assemble the only thing that was missing was a mini USB to power the board. There was no instructions but assembly was easy...
  2. xpower

I got the straight pass through cable cable and tried that. Surprisingly on first viewing it doesn't look too bad. Text in dos is readable as well. Getting it working at all is a bit of a relief that it wasn't a complete waste of money. I have ordered the MCE2VGA as well so I can make...
  3. xpower

I’m trying to setup a GBS-8219 XVGA CGA to VGA conversion box to connect a Tandy 1000TL to a VGA monitor. I’m using a rhinocables Serial Null Modem Cable was described as “DB9 Female RS232 For Computer EGA Monitor TV” and a pin adapter to connect the computer to the converter. I’ve tried...
  4. xpower

Compatible 287 Math Co-Processor for a Tandy 1000TL

I am looking at getting a 287 Math Co-Processor for my Tandy 1000TL (286 8MHZ). There is an eBay listing for an Intel i287 XL with the following codes C80287XL(Which is an OEM part number) and L3281902. Looking at the specification for this processor it has a maximum frequency of 12.5MHZ...
  5. xpower

Reading Double-Density Disks

I've purchased the following USB disk drive to use with Windows 10:- Branded as CSL-Computer GmbH & Co. KG Model Number 19384/20150610SZ019 The box states it supports High Density (2HD) or Normal Density (2DD). It reads 1.44 MB high-density fine but it fails to read 720 KB double-density...
  6. xpower

Tandy 1000TL Hard Drive Fault

Hello, I have a Tandy 1000TL which I bough as my first PC in 1990. It was last switched on in the year 2000 and has been in my loft ever since. So I've finally got round to resurrecting it for a bit of nostalgia. Everything works fine except for a dead battery (which has now been removed)...
Back