• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by z80eu

1. Z

Mac IIci generates repeating switch on switch off noise and does not start at all ...

I own a Mac IIci and I was able after a long time of "no use", to start into Mac OS 7. A starting "Apple" sound was not produced. I switched the computer off (by a menu entry), and after that, I tried to restart the computer again. But the Mac IIci generates now repeating switch on switch off...
  2. Z

Looking for a schematic/diagram of a "PAL Encoder" card...

Because I have some trouble with getting color from an Apple II+ (with an inserted PAL Encoder card) with my Commodore 1084 monitor (CVBS aka Composite), I am desperately looking for a schematic/diagram of that "PAL Encoder" card. Any suggestion where to find it (e.g. I didn't found it at...
  3. Z

Any ideas ? Apple II+ itself working, with connected disk drive no prompt/no boot

I am out of ideas. I tried already to replace some typical faulty TTL chips on the Disk Controller itself (74LS174, 74LS132, 74LS259) and on the analog board of the drive (74LS125). The Apple II+ itself is working (showing the prompt, typing in some BASIC statements working, beeps on powerup)...
  4. Z

Expert for GAL/PAL JEDEC files needed... no success burning a GAL for a Trantor T130

Hi, I read the blog entry http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/entry.php?330-Cloning-a-PAL-HAL-Part-13 which includes at the end a zipped JEDEC file for a Trantor T130(B). Because my Eprom Programmer do not understand the JEDEC file, I tried to alter the structure a bit to make it...
  5. Z

WD8013EBT & XENIX ... what jumper settings are recommended ?

Trying to use a WD8013EBT and XENIX 2.3.4 with TCPIP package, but I was unsure what h/w configuration would be suitable for the network card itself. This card has really a lot of jumper, and for me not all of them have a self explanatory imprinted labeling. There is a jumper with a label "W0B"...
  6. Z

XENIX 2.3.4 and foreign (german) keyboards ... problem with '}' char/ascii 125

Trying to go on writing my expiriences with Xenix at my blog ( http://www.z80.eu/blog ), I discovered a problem with my german keyboard layout. I am using a MF-II compatible keyboard (Extended Keyboard, Chicony 5312, No Windows Key but already an AltGr key) with german key layout. Using 'z' and...
  7. Z

Small question about writing a 1.2MB floppy disk image to a 1.44 real floppy disk...

Hi, because my target 486 machine does only have a 3.5" floppy drive, I was a bit curious about writing a 1.2MB XENIX floppy disk image to a (real) 3.5" floppy disk media. Is this possible (I know, number of sectors for DOS floppy disks is different, but this is NOT DOS) ? I would like to boot...
  8. Z

Boot Manager for Coexistence of XENIX 86 and MS-DOS ?

Hi all, short question(s), hopefully not difficult to answer. I would like to let run XENIX-86 and MS-DOS on my 5160. Are there any 8088 compatible boot manager existing to have it coexistent (booting one of two from the harddisk) ? And btw. does anybody tried to install XENIX-86 with a SCSI...
  9. Z

Major problem with setting more than 9600 baud for COM1 port of an IBM PC/XT

I was quite surprised how difficult it is to set a serial port (COM1, the used I/O card has a working 16550 UART) to a baud rate of more than 9600 baud - all done with an original IBM PC/XT. I figured out that the BIOS itself (NOT the used DOS 5.0) prevents to set more than 9600 baud (at least...
  10. Z

Acer or Multitech PB85026 ISA Interface Card DIP switch and jumper settings ??

Help wanted... don't know the meaning of the DIP switches and Jumper of an 8-Bit ISA card labeled Acer PB85026-2L (which is also selled at Ebay as "Multitech"). See picture, my PC/XT only recognizes the parallel port, but not the two serial interfaces :-( Any hints related to/about the DIP...
  11. Z

Seagate ST-01/-02 BIOS at http://www.minuszerodegrees.net/rom/rom.htm not up to date

Just for the records... at http://www.minuszerodegrees.net/rom/rom.htm a BIOS version 3.3 for the Seagate ST-01/ST-02 is offered. Meanwhile I was able to identify even a newer version at http://r3tr0.de/mirror/ftp.mpoli.fi/hardware/ROM/SEAGATE/index.html (...
  12. Z

How to fix a (drive frame) metal sheet back (original IBM PC/XT) ?

Need a bit advice.... have exchanged the original empty drive frame with a 3.5" floppy drive. Before that, I had to remove a metal sheet (see picture). Now I have to fix this metal sheet back to its original place. But I do not know how ... any suggestions (I have to fix the whole drive frame...
  13. Z

Does someone have any infos about a "Seagate SL-02" SCSI Controller (8 Bit ISA card)

Does someone have any infos about a "Seagate SL-02" SCSI Controller (8 Bit ISA card) I would really appreciate it if someone can post some more info about a "Seagate SL-02" SCSI Controller (made around 1990). Perhaps it is a "successor" card of a ST-02, but Google does not give me *any* hint...
Back