• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by ziloo

1. Z

Speaker Fuse

An electronic repairman was explaining to me over the phone about my faulty amplifier and he mentioned that I should be checking some very low resistances right before the speaker. He said that these low resistances act like a fuse and once they get burnt up, there would be no sound coming from...
  2. Z

Speaker Fuse

Thank you djg...... that was my grok as well! Mebe the people who were telling me about the fuse for speaker were referring to a different circuit :rolleyes: and I somehow misunderstood! I /they stand corrected... ziloo :giggle:
  3. Z

Speaker Fuse

hello folks, 👁️👁️ Looking at the following circuit: They say the low resistance R8 is used as a fuse to protect the speaker against high current; whenever the speaker draws too much current, R8 would burn up to save the day! I somehow don't understand why removing R8 (same as frying it)...
  4. Z

Dell-> no boot device

Thank you jafir for your response! There was no secureboot in my bios. However I found out that my Installation DVD was "worn out" and unreadable on one laptop, but readable on another laptop :unsure:... So, I ended up using a Flash installation of win 7 and it worked fine. ziloo 😊
  5. Z

Dell-> no boot device

Hello folks, Despite the bios settings, the Dell laptop can't find any boot device: HDD, USB.... 🤔! I turned off the laptop at night while working fine, and the next morning it reported a faulty .SYS file. After a couple of restart, it went into complete refusal for booting from HDD or USB...
  6. Z

Need Help With a 1541 that won't format

You revive and keep everything!! I say couple of hundreds😉.....
  7. Z

VERAULT........I am curious........what vintage systems do you have that are dear to you?
  8. Z

Portable Ice Machine

This is a very nice/fun presentation by our brilliant "NeXT" : He got more than 63,000 views on this one that is quite amazing o_O
  9. Z

Methods for Preserving Metal

Dremel type tool with various brushes is your friend!!
  10. Z

1- Was Alps brand made in Hong Kong? 2- Are all Mitsumi FDDs (1541, 1541 II...) equipped with swivel latches? I want to know how to distinguish between the two from photos!
  11. Z

DOS TSRs

I am curious......what happened to your mTCP project then?
  12. Z

My collection

That is quite an impressive collection (y) !! How did you start collecting, and how long have you been collecting? ziloo 😊
  13. Z

Recommendations for affordable computer/tablet mathematical software

I think you can also handwrite the math expression you have, and feed a photo of that to Maple for calculation. If you tried it, please let me know how it works out....
  14. Z

My Computer Obsession

Are you telling me this is your garage 😲............and you have many more of these....next to your array of retro computers? I hope I don't sound very inquisitive....but by any chance..... you don't happen to have a secretary called pepper potts, and you don't wear a smart armored suit at...
  15. Z

Recommendations for affordable computer/tablet mathematical software

You might want to try Maple Calculator (free); It might have an online version too.
Back