• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recent content by zippysticks

1. Z

Anyone recognise this Philips 5 1/4 floppy drive ?

Wunderbar ! Thats really useful - thanks. Gives some insight into the jumper config for drive selection and seems to indicated there is a schematic available for the drive.
  2. Z

Thanks - what is 'Disk Tends' please ? Its not something I have heard of. The drive seems to work ok as drive 0, 40 track double sided double density (it has a terminating resistor pack installed) when connected to my Kryoflux. Was looking for any config info, There are six sets of jumpers...
  3. Z

As shown in photos, its a model X-3112 which does not 'Google' well. I wondered if anyone recognised the mechanism and electronics as it may be another manufacturer rebadged. Thanks Thanks
  4. Z

YE-DATA YD274 manual/schematic anyone ?

Found one http://archive.retro.co.za/archive/computers/YD-274-Schematic.pdf
  5. Z

YE-DATA YD274 manual/schematic anyone ?

I could really use a manual for these full height 5 1/4 drives please. I have them in my Research Machines 380Z but understand they may have been used in the IBM 5150 too. Thanks
  6. Z

Research Machines 380Z key switch ?

Bit of an update. I just acquired another two 380Z machines - one with a key and one without. The key is not a universal fit for all the machines - shame as I now need to replace another lock.
  7. Z

Baydel B01079-4 Cartridge tape controller ?

No other boards. I plucked this from the working 11/83 - sat alongside an RQDX3. I thought it was an Emulex card as I did not recognise the Baydel logo on the car levers. I can only assume it was paired with the QIC drive I found in the haul. I'll have to take that apart to find out what sits...
  8. Z

Baydel B01079-4 Cartridge tape controller ?

Hi all, Anyone recognise this card and have info for it please ? It was installed in an 11/83 with a 50 way ribbon attached to....... nothing else. Field guide lists it as a cartridge tape controller but that's not particularly informative. I did find an old QIC-24? drive in the pile of gear -...
  9. Z

Commodore 8250LP drive won't format

Hi everyone Drive 0 won't format but does seem to read and write correctly on a disk formatted in drive 1. Drive 1 does everything correctly so I assume a problem is with the drive 0 mechanism rather than the control logic. The format process starts but the head does not seem to step through...
  10. Z

Rescuing two PDP-11 systems in UK from a former big British Telecom underground shelter in central London ???

It just so happens I work for BT so I'll find out about those machines (if indeed they belong to BT) and save them if I can. I'd point out of course that it appears that those folks are trespassing on private property (not sure it it is BT) - possibly in an environment that is quite unsafe. I...
  11. Z

Western Europe Spotted on FaceBook - Large IBM x86 Machines going to EWASTE

Just a 20 minute drive from me but I don't have the space to hang on to these - even on a temporary basis to help someone esle more interested in them. Always a shame to see stuff getting scrapped so I hope someone can pick them up.
  12. Z

Western Europe Apricot PC finished at last

I'd be interested in the Sony floppy drive from any of these if you decide to part them up. Thanks
  13. Z

Western Europe DEC parts available, UK

Would love a VT420 board too if any left please. I certainly have one duff unit at the moment and would like to get it going.
  14. Z

ACE Products DPC-180 S100 card

Hi, anyone know anything about this card please ? It appears to be an S-100 Z80 based CPU with 64K RAM. This image of the card on the DRAMP site but no documentation for it there. Thanks
Back