• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Another PDP-11/35 for the RICM

m_thompson

Veteran Member
The RICM rescued an 11/35, 2x RL02s, 2x VT52s, a VR14, an Alpha desktop and an Alpha server, a PowerPC Mac, a little DEC Intel desktop, and lots of miscellaneous items. I took a quick look inside of the 11/35 and it is nearly full. The video cable for the VR14 exits the 11/35 chassis, so there must be a video board set in there. The 11/35 came with one 11/40 front panel that is in good shape, and one with a few damaged switches. I believe that the only difference between the 11/35 and 11/40 front panel is the system model printed on the front. If we wanted to be really accurate, we have a nearly empty 11/35, so I could borrow the front panel from that. Maybe we can get SpaceWar! running on this system.

I will do a more detailed survey in a few days, and post a description and pictures on the Museum's WWW site.

What's the little DEC Intel desktop? I have a DECstation 220 that I can't get going because the motherboard suffered a lot of damage from a leaked battery.

hopefully, there is a vt-11 in the chassis. it should be a 4 wide system unit
Yes, there is a VT11 backplane and boards in the chassis, and the cable to connect it to the VR14 display.
There is also a M7060 VT48 push button control in the chassis. Don't know what that would be used for.

Many of the boards looks like they were just stored in the chassis.
There is no memory in the chassis, but it came with a 32kW core memory board.

Details so far are here: https://www.ricomputermuseum.org/collections-gallery/equipment/dec-pdp-1135-2

Back