• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Some additions to my System 80 website

Kudos to you Tez for maintaining your site regarding a historically significant member of the TRS-80 family...the Dick Smith System 80. From scrolling through the history, you've been maintaining it since 1999. There are not too many reference sites from 1999 still up and running. I honestly don't know much about the DS systems - we only have so much time, right? - but knowing about your site will spur me on to eventually explore this area of our hobby.

Thanks!

Thanks for those kind words Pete.

The machine was significant in our part of the world (Australia and New Zealand ) for a short time when microcomputers were moving beyond the hobbiest's desk so its history is worth documenting.

You bring up an interesting point though. There are still lots of old sites which have documented computer history well. Who will preserve these reference sites when we're gone and the kids stop paying for the web services? :)

Tez

Nice site, in good logical order, thanks mate for doing that.

Hey Tez, Long time no type to! How are you doing? I am doing ok picked up a Model 4 and a Model 4P about 3 weeks back. So I am back causing trouble as usual... LOL

Hey Tez, Long time no type to! How are you doing? I am doing ok picked up a Model 4 and a Model 4P about 3 weeks back. So I am back causing trouble as usual... LOL
Doing ok thanks Frank. Just involved in a lot of things other than vintage computing right now lol. Model 4s are cool. I still have mine, and won't be letting it go anytime soon.

Tez

I have service manuals.
See here:

Back