• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • From now on we will require that a prefix is set for any items in the sales area. We have created regions and locations for this. We also require that you select a delivery option before posting your listing. This will hopefully help us streamline the things that get listed for sales here and help local people better advertise their items, especially for local only sales. New sales rules are also coming, so stay tuned.

Pacific Northwest Store announcement and feedback request.

Covers: Oregon and Washington

Mike Brixius

Experienced Member
Delivery Options
International Shipping or Local Pickup
When I bought the Stone collection I had no idea how much material I was getting into.
PXL_20220607_184113698.jpg
Working in my shop feels like a game of Tetris so I needed to make some space!
20221105_151957.jpg
Stone Storage.jpg
On top of that I had a REALLY bad experience with eBay last time I tried to sell something, so it is a buy only platform for me now.

With that in mind I settled on creating a Shopify store on my blog. My goal is to sell as reasonably as possible without attracting eBay resellers.

It has some games, books, and a lot of education material (Karl Stone worked for the school district).

Disks listed as untested are VERY unlikely to work due to the conditions there. Id like to test everything but my poor C128D floppy drive heads have been cleaned about a hundred times in the last month and I just don't have time to continue with testing so just assume any untested disk does not work. Anything I tested that is BAD is tagged as such so no shenanigans there.

I would love feedback on pricing and presentation. I am not a web designer! I do plan to start adding more hardware in the new year but it is mainly software, books and a few accessories for now and I have a fe3w more boxes waiting for pictures and listing. I have setup an automatic discount of 20% for orders over $20 until Christmas.

Please tell me what you think!

Mike

PS there are some countries setup for shipping but I am in the US (Springfield Oregon) and international shipping is insane, even with some hefty discounts from Shopify. Orders in the US over $75 ship free.

When I bought the Stone collection I had no idea how much material I was getting into.
View attachment 1249260
Working in my shop feels like a game of Tetris so I needed to make some space!
View attachment 1249261
View attachment 1249262
On top of that I had a REALLY bad experience with eBay last time I tried to sell something, so it is a buy only platform for me now.

With that in mind I settled on creating a Shopify store on my blog. My goal is to sell as reasonably as possible without attracting eBay resellers.

It has some games, books, and a lot of education material (Karl Stone worked for the school district).

Disks listed as untested are VERY unlikely to work due to the conditions there. Id like to test everything but my poor C128D floppy drive heads have been cleaned about a hundred times in the last month and I just don't have time to continue with testing so just assume any untested disk does not work. Anything I tested that is BAD is tagged as such so no shenanigans there.

I would love feedback on pricing and presentation. I am not a web designer! I do plan to start adding more hardware in the new year but it is mainly software, books and a few accessories for now and I have a fe3w more boxes waiting for pictures and listing. I have setup an automatic discount of 20% for orders over $20 until Christmas.

Please tell me what you think!

Mike

PS there are some countries setup for shipping but I am in the US (Springfield Oregon) and international shipping is insane, even with some hefty discounts from Shopify. Orders in the US over $75 ship free.
Mike, when you says you bought the Stone collection are your referring the Stone formally from New Jersey? Just interested.

Like Chuck, you and I are also almost neighbors. :)

I've never been involved with any clubs locally, didn't even know about the LCCUG. Unfortunately, I'm not much of a commodore person. I do see some Heathkit on your shelves though. Will take a look at the website, thanks for putting it up.

What is in your collection?
I don't collect, I use for business--old media conversion. Stuff I don't use goes to Next Step recycling after being offered here. Latest business is a batch of 9 track tapes and curiously, some spools of paper tape. I answer posts here because I figure that when I give up breathing, my knowledge will die with me. Better to share it.

Betcha you wish that you'd nabbed some of the Apple IIs that Springfield and 4J got rid of by the pallet-load back in the early 90s...

Like Chuck, you and I are also almost neighbors. :)

I've never been involved with any clubs locally, didn't even know about the LCCUG. Unfortunately, I'm not much of a commodore person. I do see some Heathkit on your shelves though. Will take a look at the website, thanks for putting it up.
My collection was pretty eclectic until i bought this collection. My history is pretty commodore heavy though I was very active in the Eugene-Springfield Amiga Users Group back ING the day. I do have an H11 with floppy drive, paper tape drive and what i belive is a tape stacker/ folder device. These am h89 too and a couple Osbornes .. a one and an executive...

I don't collect, I use for business--old media conversion. Stuff I don't use goes to Next Step recycling after being offered here. Latest business is a batch of 9 track tapes and curiously, some spools of paper tape. I answer posts here because I figure that when I give up breathing, my knowledge will die with me. Better to share it.

Betcha you wish that you'd nabbed some of the Apple IIs that Springfield and 4J got rid of by the pallet-load back in the early 90s...
Drool.... The Apple II in high school (79-82) was the first computer i was proficient with... in the early 90s i was pretty heavily into amiga and starting an office equipment company i owned through 2020. Office Imaging on 7th Ave

I think I may recall hearing your ads on KPNW back in the day.
It's possible but we did not do a ton of radio. We did have a lot of TV ads on the local company (I can't remember their name back then, now they are Comcast). They were trade ads so in pretty bad spots (Basically we provided toner and service and they ran our ads in any unsold spots)

Funny when I started reading the thread thats what I thought as well. How is stone, what forum is he on these days?
As far as I know he moved to Hawaii. I used to be in contact with him periodically but it's been a fairly long while since I've heard from him.

Funny when I started reading the thread thats what I thought as well. How is stone, what forum is he on these days?
Sadly, he passed in March. His collection was largely abandoned since the late 90s and I started doing restorations when I got it in July.

edit. I think we are talking about a different Stone. This was Karl Stone who lived in Veneta Oregon until his passing

Mike

Back