• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

The Official Nabu PC Floppy Disk Controller thread

There is another revision coming before release so they are not yet available. The details will be posted here one it is available. In the meantime, I posted a video on progress.
Nice work!

I just wish you turned off the background music on your videos. It drives me insane - especially the snapping.

I'll be building one of these when they are available. I need to place a parts order for some other projects. Do you have a BOM ready so that I can order parts?

Sorry all,

I had audio issues with the video I had put up. A new version is here.

@Mr.Amiga500, thanks for the feedback. As you can see, I'm still learning. I like some background music but I've lowered it an maybe I'll use something without snapping next time. I'll have to "play it by ear" ;)

Nice!

I'm curious - where are you getting the boards manufactured? It's taking me about two weeks turnaround from JLC; this project seems to be moving faster than that?

Re: Videos.

FWIW, I would do like Adrian's Digital Basement, and have a short intro/title with music, and then none when you are trying to speak.

:)

I'll be building one of these when they are available. I need to place a parts order for some other projects. Do you have a BOM ready so that I can order parts?
Here is the working list

Attachments

• Nabu FDC parts list.pdf
    57.2 KB · Views: 53
Sorry all,

I had audio issues with the video I had put up. A new version is here.

@Mr.Amiga500, thanks for the feedback. As you can see, I'm still learning. I like some background music but I've lowered it an maybe I'll use something without snapping next time. I'll have to "play it by ear" ;)
Great work on your floppy drive controller reproduction project. Please sign me up for one when they're ready to go :)

Sure has been quiet around here!

Any updates on the floppy controller replica? Boards, or gerbers, etc...

good timing ,i just received my nabu today, finally . hopefully get it tested tomorrow night so i can finalize the board.
Thanks again Klyball for your amazing work on the NABU floppy drive reconstruction project. The quality is top notch! I'm really enjoying being able to use a GoTek drive with my NABU computer.

Im tempted but without the keyboard... Still not a bad price.

EDIT: Serial keyboard, boo

Last edited:
Has anyone found any good standoffs for the card?
Has anyone made a good backplate for the card?

Back