• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
T

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• thanks, I have few alpha disks so those would be good to get. I have a bunch of vax condists so let me make a list of what i have
    T
    Terry Kennedy
    Take a look at https://www.glaver.org/transient/Al_Kossow - that's most of what I have. Note that some of the documentation probably came from you in the first place. The file 0-checksums.sfv should have simple CRC32 values for the files in each directory, so if you get a match with your copy you don't need to download that file.

This system is on an unmetered GigE link to the Internet, so feel free to grab as much as you want.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do - you can email me at terry@glaver.org, as the VCFED site doesn't seem to want to notify me when I get replies or messages.

Terry
    curious if you still have any software for datapoint 1500's. I have one..
    T
    Terry Kennedy
    Unfortunately, no. I left Lifeboat before the final CP/M for the 1550 was released, In fact, that was the reason I left - I had previously given notice that I (and Howard Marks) were leaving Lifeboat to start our own hardware company (ProComp) but that I would stay on at Lifeboat until the 1550 CP/M project was finished, since I was the lead contact on the Lifeboat side (as I mentioned in my post, Steve Wood was my counterpart on the Datapoint side). One day Tony Gold (Lifeboat co-owner) informed me that I was no longer the lead on the Datapoint project and Steve Halsall (annoying twerp we called "Steve Hassle") would be taking my place, I guess he thought I would knuckle under, but I just went "See ya!" and walked out the door for the last time. I never took any of the 1550 CP/M stuff with me. Any 15x0 disks we had from Datapoint would have been things like diagnostics and would have been returned to them when the development system went back.

Obviously, none of the above is for public consumption, I just thought you'd appreciate the "behind the scenes" look.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back