• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. nikola-wan

Tektronix 4662 plotter is Working!

I just repaired the sprocket that drives the belt for the multiple pen Option. This gear broke soon after my video of drawing Snoopy. I used Dave Brown (vintagetek CEO) instructions to repair the sprocket (left image in the vintagetek link below): https://vintagetek.org/repairing-knobs/ I used...
  2. nikola-wan

Tektronix 4054A with bicolor DVST - bright orange spot when screen dims issue

Reviving this old post! I just received an email from vintagetek.org that has 'upgraded' their 4054 with an Option 31 dynamic color CRT they recovered from a Tektronix OEM 19-inch dynamic color monitor. They are still having fade positive bright spots on the edges of their Option 31 CRT - just...
  3. nikola-wan

MONOPOLY game for Tektronix 4051 4052 and 4054 computers!

Developing my Tek 4050 BASIC Monopoly game on the 405x Emulator is faster than development on my 4054A computer, but I wanted to take a break from the development and debug and play the game on my 4054A with its 19-inch color vector CRT. Not much color in this version - only the player first...
  4. nikola-wan

My Tektronix 1979 4054A Color Vector Graphics vintage computer exhibit at VCF Southwest June 14-16 in Dallas Texas

My VCF Southwest 2024 video on HOW the Tektronix 4054A Color Graphics Vector Microcomputer works has been posted to youtube! Tektronix 4054 COLOR Vector Graphics Computer - How does it WORK? with Monty McGraw
  5. nikola-wan

My Tektronix 1979 4054A Color Vector Graphics vintage computer exhibit at VCF Southwest June 14-16 in Dallas Texas

VCF Southwest show was great! Here is a link to a video from Rafael Souza of my Tektronix 4054A displaying Fast Graphics "Darth Vader" from the Fast Graphics/R12 Graphics Enhancement ROM Pack demo tape and my "C3-PO" vector graphics images! VCF Southwest 2024 - Tektronix 4054A exhibit Here...
  6. nikola-wan

Tektronix 4051 BASIC Compiler concept2

My explanation for the BASIC program starting at 0x1C64 which is decimal 7268 - is that most of DDT is loaded in memory below the BASIC program. And a little of DDT is loaded after the BASIC program - maybe to allow DDT upon exit to move the BASIC program back to lower RAM. Press function key...
  7. nikola-wan

Hi Tom! I think we have the documentation for the 4051 BASIC in the 4051 Assembler Tekniques pdf in this folder: https://github.com/mmcgraw74/Tektronix-4051-4052-4054-Program-Files/tree/master/4051-Assembler The 4051 Assembler Program Instructions pdf lists the memory locations of all the...
  8. nikola-wan

Tektronix 'Board Bucket' 6800

I have a Vectrex - pretty cool consumer vector game. A Vectrex homebrew developer ported my Tektronix 4050 Battlestar Galactica Cylon Attack game to Vectrex last year.
  9. nikola-wan

Right! But your 405x Emulator took the vectors sent to the display hardware from BASIC and emulated them with bitmapped graphics. That might work in my new concept thread - we could even put the bitmapped graphics calls into an Option ROM to replace the existing MOVE/DRAW, RMOVE/RDRAW commands...
  10. nikola-wan

Since we have the Tektronix 4051 Assembler manual - which describes how to jump to assembly mode and back into BASIC, and that manual includes all the 4050 BASIC ROM entry points and documents the parameters needed, does it sound feasible to write a 4051 BASIC compiler that would input a BASIC...
  11. nikola-wan

So you turned one of Jos' Board Bucket into an SWTPC? Very Interesting! Reading Jos' README.TXT on the board - I wonder if it could also support 4051 with 32KB of RAM?. I guess a 32KB ROM board would have to be added, but if that board could also emulate the 4050E01 ROM Expander and we put in...
  12. nikola-wan

here is the source png image that I vectorized with Inkscape.
  13. nikola-wan

The Answer from vcf staff - the speaker sessions will not be streamed but they will be posted after the event.
  14. nikola-wan

Hi Dave! Let me check and get back to you. Answer from vcf staff - the speaker sessions will not be streamed but they will be posted after the event. I will update this thread when my speaker session is posted.
  15. nikola-wan

I will be bringing my fully operational Tektronix 4054A vintage computer from 1979 to VCF Southwest June 14-16 in Dallas. Click the VCF South West link https://www.vcfsw.org/ for more info and directions to the show. I will also be speaking at 9AM Saturday morning at the show: Tektronix 4054...
  16. nikola-wan

I'm still working on the graphics - before I work on game logic. Currently working features include: Player movement as first 'initial' around entire board including being in JAIL or JUST VISITING Current player initial is flashing as shown in 'dimmer' F for Fred currently at ORIENTAL AVE...
  17. nikola-wan

Software Dynamics BASIC Compiler for the SWTPC 6800 - can it be used for Tektronix 4050?

I copied my ADV64 13609 byte compiled Adventure program from the compile session with 64KB of RAM to the (1985) session that emulates the SWTPC with 28KB of user RAM after loading SDOS & the BASIC runtime package. When I ran the executable - I got this error message: .adv64 Line :338D Data...
  18. nikola-wan

Here is a photo from my 4054A computer running my Monopoly game work in progress. I started designing a Monopoly game in 1979 using a Tektronix 4051 at my first job. I had made a hardcopy of this game program along with many others and just decided to try to finish this game. I OCRed the...
  19. nikola-wan

Software Dynamics BASIC Compiler for the SWTPC 6800 - can it be used for Tektronix 4050?

Actually - I did NOT port Jim Gerrie's TRS MC10 version of Adventure - I found Jim Butterfield's 1976 original PET ccadventure.d80 version here in 2019: https://www.commodoregames.net/CommodorePET/Colossal-Cave-209.html This version was in Commodore floppy disk D80 format - so I purchased a...
Back