• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here
  • Exhibitor application for VCF West 2022 is now open! If you are interested in exhibiting, please fill out the form here.

Search results

1. K

Trantor Bootdisk fo a Osborne 1

I acquired a Trantor dive for the Osborne 1 , But Google foo has turned up very little info . It plugs into the gpib connector on the Osborne , from my brief research it looks like the IEEE-488 code is in the rom, so i assume a modified boot disk was probably supplied with the drive. Does any...
  2. K

Wanted interphase Maverick smd controller

As the tile says , or similar smd controller for isa bus
  3. K

486/5X86 SBC Ver:GC Bios

Looking for a bios for a 486/5X86 SBC Ver:GC or GB , these boards are out there ,at one point i stripped it but need to try and resurrect it. i did find a bios from a different board that kinda works but would like to get the original back in it.
  4. K

My Collection

Was reorganizing a while back and set up the grids
  5. K

Some success with a age old GRiD problem

6. K

Software Search

I will start of the forum with a request for the elusive grid server software disks, I would really like to put this thing online before i bite the dust. I know of the disks that were on the yahoo grid group, but they were missing the all important utilities disk 2 , but worse than that they...
  7. K

Terminal Find

Well I'm on a roll, picked up another terminal off craigslist by chance. checked it over and fired it up and no smoke, seems to be fine. this seems to be a rare one I think, Control Data CC6A9,
  8. K

Terminal Find

Was looking for a crt monitor at a swap meet over the weekend and found one but it was attached to a amateur radio communications terminal so I had to take the set. It turns out it can be used as serial terminal. and in addition to the ham radio part it has a built-in word processor ,printer...
  9. K

Z80 for heathkit h8

I'm looking for a schematic for a z80 board for a h8 system,I know there is a couple of boards but can't seem to find any schematics. Thanks
  10. K

help on troubleshooting multi board multi processor system

I am finally getting around to tackle my grid server unit, and could use some advice on trouble shooting one of the boards. its a 3 board system ,a diagnostic board with a 8031 micro controller , a file server board with 80186 , and a com server board with a 80186 as far as i can tell there are...
  11. K

Altair 8800 power supply photos

Does anyone have have any photo's of the top and bottom of the original power supply board? Thanks
  12. K

Hello from Surrey B.C.

I have been reading the forum here for a while and posted a few times, and would like to say hello all. I find the info and discussions on this forum fantastic and look forward to learning and sharing my experiences. I collect mostly OSI and Grid but have a kaypro and osborne with a hp 3000 in...
  13. K

Tandon tm-502 mfm hard drive

Can and how do heads go bad, i have a drive with bad heads i believe. I have 2 tm-502's 1 good and 1 bad and would like to get the data from the bad one. I'm thinking of trying a head swap but would like to confirm that this is the only solution. i have placed the logic board from the bad drive...
  14. K

Kaypro II power supply repair

I'm trying to repair a cal DC power supply and am hoping to verify some components , before troubleshooting further . supply would blow fuse on power up, looked to be a bad Q1 and Q2 Q1 was marked j31007 with makes sense to be a mje13007 Q2 is marked U30 , it is more then likely a cal dc part...
  15. K

SuperBoard II to build or not to build?

I have a superboard II complete kit , Should I keep it this way or build it, What would you do...