• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Search results

1. C

Midwest IBM P70 possible trade or sale?

Anyone of those 2 should work in the P70. IF they work?
  2. C

XT-IDE Rev 4 board problems

Well I got it working. What I did was use version 2.0.0b1 and after setting up the parameters to match the switches I tried to flash it. Again the timeout error occurred while trying to flash. So I thought to hell with this. I saved the XT_IDE image to a 5.25 floppy on my compaq computer and...
  3. C

XT-IDE Rev 4 board problems

I am either really dumb or just have some bad luck. I aquired and XT-IDE Rev 4 board with most of the components to build it. And any components that were missing I used from my parts bin. Ok 1st problem using XT-IDE version 2.0.0B3 I set up the mostly default configurations and try to flash...
  4. C

The South Xt-IDE built or just circuiyt board if anyone has one

I did manage to get one from Jimmy VCF. Many thanks to him.
  5. C

The South Needed cover shield for the expansion slots for the original Compaq Portable

Whay @booboo said I am after the yellow anodized piece with the holes in it for accuracy
  6. C

Midwest IBM P70 possible trade or sale?

I had one of those years back and as usual the floppy was crap. So I made up a cable using a standard 34 conductor floppy cable and separated out the 2 power pins and 1 ground pin. I connected those to the appropriate connectors onto a Berg type floppy power cable. I trimmed down the eject...
  7. C

TRS-80 / Tandy external hard drive question.

Yes with the 3 wires disconnected the red light is off. If i push it. It comes on as it should.
  8. C

With the 3 wires disconnected I still get a Red light though
  9. C

Green light is on. And so is red without button being pushed in. I tested the Seagate ST-225 which was the drive I was going to use on my 486 with MFM controller it didn't even see it. Got error message no Hard drive detected. Tried with 2 separate controller boards. Drive type set to 2 in BIOS...
  10. C

Yes I did. I folloed the article and soldered the wires to the appropriate locations on the control board
  11. C

I did replace the drive also but I think it is bad. So that I why I am getting the flashing "H". It's trying to talk to the drive but getting no response from it.
  12. C

The South Xt-IDE built or just circuiyt board if anyone has one

Would like to obtain an XT-IDE either assembled or just the blank board. Not talking about Lo Tech stuff. I see a seller on eBay but he is in Bulgaria. Let me know what you have.
  13. C

I have an external TRS80 Hard drive that I am having issues with. Not sure if controller inside the hard drive enclosure is acting up or the Hard Drive itself. When issuing the command to load driver I answer the questions about number of heads, tracks etc. and my model 4 just hangs with a...
  14. C

The South Needed cover shield for the expansion slots for the original Compaq Portable

As requested I need the cover shield piece that cover the expansion slots on the original Compaq Portable.
  15. C

Trs-80 model 1 flaky boot / possible crystal problem

I have the M1 crystals if needed.
  16. C

Need help baffled by FreHD setup under LDOS 5.3.1

You disable it to make it available as a hard drive partition. and that it what the Model 4 hard drive manual said to do.
  17. C

No it automatically assumes that is the extension.
  18. C

I am trying to setup the FreHD on my Model 4 in Model III mode. I issue the command SYSTEM (DRIVE=2, DRIVER="RSHARD5") and get an error that basically says to issue the command exactly as I did. Confused. The FreHD is turned on etc. I have done this before many years ago. But now I can't seem to...