1. maxtherabbit

Area 5150 for IBM PC 4.77MHz

Well I feel much better about my fleet of 15 now
  2. maxtherabbit

Emulation? Disgusting
  3. maxtherabbit

Boca XT RAM Card on AT-286 machine

The ROM is irrelevant, the 5170 board is physically wired that way. You can relocate the adaptec boot rom with either jumpers or dip switches depending on the exact card model. I'd suggest moving it to C800
  4. maxtherabbit

Man everytime one of these comes out I kick myself for only having MDA/EGA/herc cards in my IBMs
  5. maxtherabbit

Boca XT RAM Card on AT-286 machine

The original 5170 AT had the E segment of UMA hardwired to ROM sockets on the motherboard, as such many clone boards did not make this segment addressable on the ISA bus. That may be your issue. I'd suggest trying to move whatever ROM is currently at DC00 to the C segment after the video ROM.
  6. maxtherabbit

Breathing new life into 1981 IBM 5150

I'd try the one plasma suggested first, since it's only 2 straps to change from what you already did
  7. maxtherabbit

Breathing new life into 1981 IBM 5150

I believe Mr. Kiselev wrote an XT BIOS ROM you could try
  8. maxtherabbit

Making 32 bit binaries for MSDOS

yeah that's how it is
  9. maxtherabbit

My XT-286 (WIP)

What's the main IC on the ETHER-8+
  10. maxtherabbit

Fat HP RS-232 extension cable

Yeah I mean I've seen the pinout, I've just never physically seen a device with those pins actually connected to anything
  11. maxtherabbit

Fat HP RS-232 extension cable

Were there ever any devices that used more than what the DE-9 RS-232 pinout offers?
  12. maxtherabbit

Mid Atlantic DB-37 cable Free

I'd also like to know just out of curiosity
  13. maxtherabbit

TEAC 55-GS SCSI Floppy Drive Issues

Is that actually a limitation of the drive firmware or is the CHS to LBA conversion still done in software?
  14. maxtherabbit

TEAC 55-GS SCSI Floppy Drive Issues

This effort to equip a system with an absurd number of floppy drives is close to my heart
  15. maxtherabbit

Mid Atlantic DB-37 cable Free

Let the first guy have it. I was only asking for seconds if that fell though
  16. maxtherabbit

Using Adaptec SCSI card, MSDOS 6.22 fails to partition (FDISK) and format SCSI drive

ASPIxDOS doesn't mount any logical drives, however it does enumerate any drives managed by the HBA BIOS and hook the INT13 calls for them, managing them partially in RAM and partially in ROM.
  17. maxtherabbit

What happened to the file manager?

Judging from the URL I'd say the answer to 2 at least is no. The file has a unique numeric identifier appended to it, most likely correlated to the post ID.
  18. maxtherabbit

Fixing my 5160

I've had to replace dozens of them over the years and my observations have been thus: 1) never once seen one harm anything else in its process of self destruction, worst thing they do is leave some easily cleaned carbon residue on adjacent components 2) if they don't fail within the first...
  19. maxtherabbit

Fixing my 5160

What is the "risk" ? If it explodes it makes troubleshooting the fault all the much easier tbh